Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107983
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425627
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3841
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227535
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310582
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Vaio FZ485U Bios unlock
#11
I think you've exhausted most if not all ideas. It still freezes at flash new bios step but I'm ok with calling it quits. Thanks for your help.
find
quote
#12
That's it. Everything was in vain.
But still one of your goals was to disable the dGPU. There is a way to configure BIOS without entering the Setup. It involves booting to DOS and using the SYMCMOS utility, which will allow you to switch the primary video device to the iGPU. If you're interested in it I can help.
find
quote
#13
Glad you mentioned it....I tried the SYMCMOS method and have the nvram token plus I've been digging into the templat00/string00 files.  Thing is I'm having bad luck correlating that string or any other string to the token.


Attached Files
.zip   nvram.zip (Size: 29.33 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#14
Well done. I thought it would take me a long time to explain to you how it works.
Change (0039) [0001] to (0039) [0000].

By the way, do you know if this text file should contain each token? And the same for header and CRC lines in it? Can we keep only what needs to be changed? Im not quite experienced with SYMCMOS.
find
quote
#15
Done and confirmed the value changed but nothing has changed in terms of the nvidia gpu...I know that there's a few strings mentioning IGD (internal graphics display) options. Can we try HPET enable?

As far as I know (and I don't know much) the txt file has most tokens although the reading process does skip quite a few, there are also other tokens that are not changeable as far as I've read (and maybe those are the ones that are skipped).
find
quote
#16
(05-10-2022, 02:25 PM)cuco81 Wrote: Can we try HPET enable?
HPET Token is (0000). And the token for HPET Base Adress is (0003).

I found some information that the Chinese managed to MOD this BIOS. Our attempts are similar to the process described on the web page, except for one thing: the article emphasizes that the program must be run as administrator starting from Windows Vista. Do you think it can really help?
find
quote
#17
Not sure on the HPET, should I change token line (0000) or (0003)

Saw the website...very interesting. Tried flashing as admin but same result, something is different or missing on our side or on my laptop.
find
quote
#18
(05-10-2022, 03:06 PM)cuco81 Wrote: Not sure on the HPET
Line (0000). HPET is enabled by default so you can only disable it.
find
quote
#19
Gotcha...what about flashing through bootable drive? would it be different than using winphlash, or riskier?
find
quote
#20
(05-10-2022, 05:11 PM)cuco81 Wrote: what about flashing through bootable drive?
This will help avoid the influence of misconfigured OS if that is the case, but don't get your hopes up.
(05-09-2022, 06:02 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: R2110J7.zip
I've added a DOS bootable image.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)