Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6414
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14045
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 144
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424570
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3658
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 329
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 347
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224892
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119211
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6819
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 441
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309841
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 659
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20320
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169442
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6392
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 866

W6Li+Pentium II Overdrive
#31
LLC
You mod has updated microcode only. So I think it will not help - BIOS will hang "Power management error POST before boot".
find
quote
#32
DeathBringer Wrote:You mod has updated microcode only
You lie.
Main reason that displayed message "Power Management feature is not available on installed CPU type", is set not allowed type for this cpu.
You not see changed byte in this table?
Offset 0x34876 in file:
db 06,30, c2, 46,80, 8a,00 ;string item 008a - Klamath
db 06,ff, c1, 46,80, 9a,00 ;009a - Pentium Pro
db 16,ff, ff, 46,80, 94,00 ;0094 - OverDrive
db 05,20, 82, 46,80, a6,00 ;00a6 - Pentium
db 05,40, 86, 46,80, 96,00 ;0096 - Pentium-R w MMX
db 05,ff, 81, 46,80, a6,00
db 15,40, 88, 46,80, 98,00 ;0098 - OverDrive w/ MMX
db 15,ff, bf, 46,41, 94,00 ;OverDrive
else set type 81h
find
quote
#33
LLC
OK, will see...
find
quote
#34
Flash chip is Intel 28f002 (2Mbitx8bit= 256kB)
Now we have basic problem with reflashing using programmer. Program says that pin no. 9 is not detected. Hmmm Pin9 is a WP# pin, write protect boot block. Other manufacturers says that is WE# pin (write enable). We have to test what does it mean. Maybe logic state High enables write mode? But...+5V or +12V?...
find
quote
#35
Hi!

How can this mobo be flashed under DOS? I literally tried everything i found on the net.
phlash cries for a platform.bin file, so do I.
plash16 simply doesnt read the rom file.

PLEASE HELP
find
quote
#36
Did you guys ever figure out a working version 4 mod for the pentium II overdrive?

I am experiencing the exact same issues. With the addition that bios version 3 does not agree with my CF card (used as primary IDE boot device)

I am willing to try just about any bios mod, as I only program the bios with an external programmer - so I am not that worried about failed boots.

Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
find
quote
#37
Garfield_
Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with new CPU.
Test LLC's mod - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/attachme...?aid=16069
find
quote
#38
(09-28-2023, 03:27 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Garfield_
Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with new CPU.
Test LLC's mod - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/attachme...?aid=16069

Screenshot posted.

I have tested LLC's mod. And it would seem that everything is working as intented. I am waiting for the mail to get here with another pentium II overdrive for socket 8, so I can actualy boot my MPS kernel NT4.0 with it. But now I get as far as to loading windows NT 4.0 hardware detection, where it then fails, because theres only one CPU in place. So this is all fine now.

As this project is mainly a competition between my little brother and I; I am wondering what it would take to get it to report the proper CPU frequency at POST. At the moment it is reporting OverDrive 266. Not that it realy matters, as it would seem that everything is running full tilt.... but beating my brother in a competition is what is driving this project Big Grin 

The error I had previously, with the unmodded bios, was "power management feature is not avaliable on installed cpu type". This was with bios 4.06 rev 4.
When I tried running it with bios 4.06 rev 3. It accepted the CPU as OverDrive 75 and didn't hang with any errors. But one of the big updates between rev 3 and rev 4 is, among other things, support for CF card IDE and CD-rom boot. Both of which I quite enjoy having.

At this point I can say that LLCs mod is working. Atleast for *one* CPU. It will be about two weeks before I get the second overdrive CPU to test it proper.

As I am by no means a bios modder, I have no idea how complicated this work that has been done to the bios is. would it be possible for a novice like myself to mock about with it(changing logo, text ect) or is it better left to you lot?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#39
(09-28-2023, 07:21 AM)Garfield_ Wrote: At this point I can say that LLCs mod is working. Atleast for *one* CPU. It will be about two weeks before I get the second overdrive CPU to test it proper.
Nice news!
find
quote
#40
One thing I find myself wondering looking at LLCs CPU microcode list. It has names like OverDrive W/MMX. These pentium IIs are supposed to have MMX. shouldn't I expect to see that name in the post? or should I just expect it all to be avaliable even though it does not say?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)