Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6415
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14046
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424572
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224899
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119212
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309843
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169444
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6393
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

[WIKI Article Discussion] "Index of Modified BIOS Images"
#1
Brick 
I am creating this thread as a "chatroom" for the Wiki article titled "Index of Modified BIOS Images".

Here is a link to the Wiki page.

This is a community project. I will need help from the BIOS modding community to fulfill this huge task.

Personnel required:
• Information gatherers: People who will get the actual images and put those images' links in the Wiki
• Sorters: As the Wiki grows, it will require more people who are willing to help make sure that the information stays within the correct sections.
• Validity Checkers: We need people who can help to verify new information as it is added to weed out errors.

I will do all I can to fulfill all of the above rolls, but I can only do so much. The biggest help at this moment would be compiling a list of BIOS images and their links. The list would include the BIOS version and its thread link. You can post the list here or in a text file.


I have created index tables for several manufacturers. I have also included a few BIOS images to get the index started. I will continue to add more images over time. Please try to follow the current format when adding information to the list. If you have suggestions on a better format, please feel free to post it here or PM me.

Feel free to discuss the wiki article and post comments, questions, concerns, suggestions, advice, etc. in this thread.


As for incentives:
1.) You are doing a LOT of people, and this community as a whole, a LOT of help.
2.) You will be recognized for your contribution(s) to the Wiki, no matter how small (the discussion page within the Wiki contains a list of people who helped out).
3.) If you are a BIOS modder, you can add your own images to the Wiki so that you (and everyone who views the Wiki) can see all of the contributions that you have made to the community!

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#2
Hi Sml6397,

the wiki is a good idea in my opinion and I would like to make a few suggestions.

There are many types of different modifications. It might be better to have an own description field for each BIOS.

It would also be helpful to see a link to the thread where the modification was made. Users will be able to easily access the correct discussion place this way.
find
quote
#3
Hello xsmile,

Thank you for your great suggestions!

I am still learning how to use mediawiki, but I will be implementing both of your recommended additions.

I can implement the first right now, but for the second one, I need to know how to make a small popup window.

An example of what I mean can be found at this site. Search for "see full list" on the page and click it. A small window should pop up. I would use this for large amounts of text such as a list of computer models.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#4
Hello xsmile,

I have implemented your first suggestion (thread link) into the Phoenix>Sony Images table of the Wiki article (so far only for the R2080J8 image). Please tell me what you think. This feature still could use some improvement as it looks somewhat odd.

The link goes to the specific post in the thread where the BIOS was modified.

Right now, to save room, I have made the link an asterisk.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SEPARATE POST FROM THE PREVIOUS POST (The site refuses to separate the two posts).

I am going to add a poll to this thread.

The poll will ask the following question, "Should a small popup window be placed into cells in the 'Computer Model(s)' column of the tables that have more than one or two BIOS models?"

There are pros and cons to this idea.

PROS:
• This will clear up a LOT of space
- This is especially important when it comes to BIOS versions like the R2110J7 or R1120J7, which each have 10 or more computer models apiece. This can take up a massive amount of space vertically in the article.


CONS:
• The search feature of web browsers (Ctrl+F) will no longer be able to find computer models when searching the entire Wiki article.
-One of the original primary features of the Index was to allow users with only their computer model to search for a compatible BIOS model. A user could look up any piece of information that they have about a BIOS/computer and get all of the rest of the information they need (like compatible models, BIOS mods, BIOS versions, etc.)


I am personally leaning more towards leaving it the same (no popup window), but I want input from people other than myself.


~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#5
(06-19-2014, 04:16 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello xsmile,

I have implemented your first suggestion (thread link) into the Phoenix>Sony Images table of the Wiki article (so far only for the R2080J8 image). Please tell me what you think. This feature still could use some improvement as it looks somewhat odd.

The link goes to the specific post in the thread where the BIOS was modified.

Right now, to save room, I have made the link an asterisk.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SEPARATE POST FROM THE PREVIOUS POST (The site refuses to separate the two posts).

I am going to add a poll to this thread.

The poll will ask the following question, "Should a small popup window be placed into cells in the 'Computer Model(s)' column of the tables that have more than one or two BIOS models?"

There are pros and cons to this idea.

PROS:
• This will clear up a LOT of space
- This is especially important when it comes to BIOS versions like the R2110J7 or R1120J7, which each have 10 or more computer models apiece. This can take up a massive amount of space vertically in the article.


CONS:
• The search feature of web browsers (Ctrl+F) will no longer be able to find computer models when searching the entire Wiki article.
-One of the original primary features of the Index was to allow users with only their computer model to search for a compatible BIOS model. A user could look up any piece of information that they have about a BIOS/computer and get all of the rest of the information they need (like compatible models, BIOS mods, BIOS versions, etc.)


I am personally leaning more towards leaving it the same (no popup window), but I want input from people other than myself.


~Steven

Hi friend,
I sent a PM to explain as You have to do for AutoMod procedure to Upload a full section for the tools, so the Mod List would present only Patches.txt file, but I haven't any reply from You, so I have to upload more files than before now !
CodeRush Patch Tool, FPT Tools, Patches.txt !
I don't know . . ., may be I will return to old way !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#6
Hello BDMaster,

Sorry, I read it, but I somehow forgot to respond. I will respond to your PM later on today.


~Steven

(07-09-2014, 02:21 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Hi friend,
I sent a PM to explain as You have to do for AutoMod procedure to Upload a full section for the tools, so the Mod List would present only Patches.txt file, but I haven't any reply from You, so I have to upload more files than before now !
CodeRush Patch Tool, FPT Tools, Patches.txt !
I don't know . . ., may be I will return to old way !
Regards

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)