Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 158
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 129
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 203
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223204
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119032
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 200
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6699
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309344
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61861
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 524
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20169
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169046
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6213
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 718
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5693
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61049
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274899
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 836
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24779

What to name recovery BIOS ?
#1
Hello,

My backup copy of my current BIOS reads as; Hewlet-Packard-F.14.rom

If I run the Phoenixtool on this rom, the recovery name results are;
A.BI?
C.BI?
B.BI?
What is the name of my recovery BIOS ?

A download of the current upgrade is SP51527.exe
How to extract the BIOS from the SP51527.exe file to use for USB recovery ?

Thanks
Fuzz
find
quote
#2
If you provide me a link to the SP51527.exe file, I can extract the BIOS image for you and then upload it. This way, I can also help you with the PhoenixTool recovery name question as I would have the BIOS image.

If you wish to extract BIOS images from ".exe" files in the future, use UniExtract. UniExtract is the program that I use to extract almost all of the BIOS images that I mod.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#3
(06-21-2014, 02:19 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: If you provide me a link to the SP51527.exe file, I can extract the BIOS image for you and then upload it. This way, I can also help you with the PhoenixTool recovery name question as I would have the BIOS image.

If you wish to extract BIOS images from ".exe" files in the future, use UniExtract. UniExtract is the program that I use to extract almost all of the BIOS images that I mod.

This is the latest;
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51527.exe

I have F.14 that is not listed ?


Thanks
Fuzz
find
quote
#4
(06-21-2014, 06:12 AM)Fuzzyjets Wrote:
(06-21-2014, 02:19 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: If you provide me a link to the SP51527.exe file, I can extract the BIOS image for you and then upload it. This way, I can also help you with the PhoenixTool recovery name question as I would have the BIOS image.

If you wish to extract BIOS images from ".exe" files in the future, use UniExtract. UniExtract is the program that I use to extract almost all of the BIOS images that I mod.

This is the latest;
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51527.exe

I have F.14 that is not listed ?


Thanks
Fuzz

Ok friend,
I remember your name and seems I gave a Donovan Bios Modded, but . . .

So your Bios is not RSA Crypted and It easy to get Bios Recovery File only there is an issue NAME :

A.bin
B.bin
C.bin

EFI / Insyde BIOS
Recovery filenames are:

A.BIN
C.BIN
B.BIN

SLIC header found in 7E374E25-8E01-4FEE-87F2-390C23C606CD_885.ROM at 0
Pubkey found in 1A1E2341-A2FB-42C7-8D17-3073D08EB21D_1049.ROM at 0
Marker found in DD6569A7-E455-4EE5-B2BA-ECDA84ACBC99_1055.ROM at 0
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 3EB
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 467
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 84A
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 1204
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 120C
OEM/Table IDs identified are:
1. HPQOEMSLIC-MPC
Header (HPQOEMSLIC-MPC LTP) (x1)
Pubkey (x1)
Marker (2.1) (HPQOEMSLIC-MPC) (x1)

Don't matters which version is on laptop, only get this Bios File 3069F23.fd rename It as A.bin and copy to your UBS Stick Fat32 Formatted !
I suggest to copy again to get three copy of It anyone with name different :
A.bin, B.bin, C.bin so if Recovery search for any one of them will find it anyway !
Try and check if your HD has a hidden HP_TOOLS partition (if exist rename It as HP_FOOLS) !
Let me know
Regards

P.S. look here :

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Te...nus?page=4

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...enu-access

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...6884#N1068

HP Compaq Presario CQ61-125TU Notebook PC support

Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Version Date Size SoftPaq
F.23 01-2011 2.07M sp51527.exe
F.21A 12-2009 2.07M sp46655.exe

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
(06-21-2014, 08:52 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(06-21-2014, 06:12 AM)Fuzzyjets Wrote:
(06-21-2014, 02:19 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: If you provide me a link to the SP51527.exe file, I can extract the BIOS image for you and then upload it. This way, I can also help you with the PhoenixTool recovery name question as I would have the BIOS image.

If you wish to extract BIOS images from ".exe" files in the future, use UniExtract. UniExtract is the program that I use to extract almost all of the BIOS images that I mod.

This is the latest;
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51527.exe

I have F.14 that is not listed ?


Thanks
Fuzz

Ok friend,
I remember your name and seems I gave a Donovan Bios Modded, but . . .

So your Bios is not RSA Crypted and It easy to get Bios Recovery File only there is an issue NAME :

A.bin
B.bin
C.bin

EFI / Insyde BIOS
Recovery filenames are:

A.BIN
C.BIN
B.BIN

SLIC header found in 7E374E25-8E01-4FEE-87F2-390C23C606CD_885.ROM at 0
Pubkey found in 1A1E2341-A2FB-42C7-8D17-3073D08EB21D_1049.ROM at 0
Marker found in DD6569A7-E455-4EE5-B2BA-ECDA84ACBC99_1055.ROM at 0
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 3EB
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 467
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 84A
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 1204
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_893.ROM at 120C
OEM/Table IDs identified are:
1. HPQOEMSLIC-MPC
Header (HPQOEMSLIC-MPC LTP) (x1)
Pubkey (x1)
Marker (2.1) (HPQOEMSLIC-MPC) (x1)

Don't matters which version is on laptop, only get this Bios File 3069F23.fd rename It as A.bin and copy to your UBS Stick Fat32 Formatted !
I suggest to copy again to get three copy of It anyone with name different :
A.bin, B.bin, C.bin so if Recovery search for any one of them will find it anyway !
Try and check if your HD has a hidden HP_TOOLS partition (if exist rename It as HP_FOOLS) !
Let me know
Regards

P.S. look here :

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Te...nus?page=4

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...enu-access

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...6884#N1068

HP Compaq Presario CQ61-125TU Notebook PC support

Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Version Date Size SoftPaq
F.23 01-2011 2.07M sp51527.exe
F.21A 12-2009 2.07M sp46655.exe

Hello,

Sml6397 is extracting the BIOS image file from the HP file for me. I will make three (3) files, A.bin, C.bin, and B.bin

My HD partition is called RECOVERY. Should I rename it ?

I am moving along slowly, learning as I go.

Thanks
Fuzz
find
quote
#6
Ok friend,
to extract Bios from .exe file use 7Zip or WinRar, Uniextract or KGB !
At last You can run the .exe file and open a folder to look into %TEMP%
Windows folder where normaly is wrote temporanely execution folder and get all files contained there for your Bios !
About the procedure You wrote is ok !
You have not rename Recovery Partition !
Let me know
regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
(06-21-2014, 10:56 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
to extract Bios from .exe file use 7Zip or WinRar, Uniextract or KGB !
At last You can run the .exe file and open a folder to look into %TEMP%
Windows folder where normaly is wrote temporanely execution folder and get all files contained there for your Bios !
About the procedure You wrote is ok !
You have not rename Recovery Partition !
Let me know
regards

Finally extracted 3069F23.fd. Used Iniextract, ..WinRar did not work.
Renamed to a.bin, b.bin, and c.bin
Copy to USB. cross fingers

Thanks
Fuzz
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)