Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 50
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 115
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221821
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118864
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 142
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6630
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 252
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308872
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61691
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20077
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168750
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6116
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 649
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5607
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60895
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274786
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 763
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24729
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694681

XPS M1710 / INS E1705
#1
first off sorry for offering money for this, i hope its not illegal, but i believe that could speed things a bit :-)

please find a way to enable AHCI in dell inspiron e1705, bios A10, chipset: ICH7M/U
bios link: http://ftp.dell.com/bios/MP061A10.EXE

50$ reward.

thank you

lifting reward to 75$
find
quote
#2
Please, confirm that your BIOS is AMI. And post a link to the BIOS. What you've linked is a BIOS+flasher package that I cannot open using standard tools. You can use AFUWIN to save your BIOS since it's AMI.
find
quote
#3
Hi there, this is a very old laptop but apparently AHCI has been disabled by Dell and the chipset/southbridge does INDEED support AHCI mode, however Dell choose to disable it via BIOS, this would be EXTREMELY beneficial to us to have for SSD support. These laptops are almost identical with the Chipset being GM if intel integrated graphics are enabled. 
M1710 (and) Inspiron E1705 / 9400
ICH7-M / U Southbridge Rev A1
i945PM / GM Chipset Rev 03
BIOS A07 XPS M1710
BIOS A10 E1705
M1710
https://downloads.dell.com/bios/A07MXG61.EXE
E1705
https://downloads.dell.com/bios/MP061A10.EXE

I tried using some of your tools already on another thread to extract the module for the BIOS but the downloads said restricted.

Is there a specific program and command switches I should use to extract the BIOS module if you need me to post only that file on here?

SUPER thank you talented guys.
find
quote
#4
I checked M170 BIOS, but it's so old I forget how to modify these Sad It's phoenix BIOS, but none of my phoenix BIOS tools will open it properly.
I examined the files with legible text in them, BIOS strings etc, AHCI is not mentioned and there is no AHCI Module that I could see, but that doesn't meant it's not there for either of those, I lost all this to time Sad Big Grin

Same for E1705 - Here is rom and hdr, and modules extracted for both in case any of these help someone else figure it out.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...2684884475
find
quote
#5
Well I checked with the datasheets and the ICH7-M does support AHCI

So it should be possible on both motherboards (there's no difference between them, in fact the XPS M1710 has added features while the E1705 is more recent).

I'd extract the modules but am unsure how to. I also have the bios I want to modify more the M1710 on my M1710 here at home. So is there some way I can help and can anyone edit it? It'd be a wonderful thing for karma and worth of donations for coffee.
find
quote
#6
Extracted modules are in link I provided above.
find
quote
#7
Old things.
On mydigitallife forum there was things about extracting Dell bios,modules,headers,lenght of module.
Via BIOS menu can't find a way to enable AHCI.
After many try and fail and experiments I was able to boot in windows (in linux was easy with grub patch) with AHCI but dissapointed
No more info in my hdd but it was like that,replace PXE rom with custom one that switch ICH7 in AHCI mode,do something with INT13 to redetect HDD then pass boot sequence to next device.Set BIOS to boot from network.
But result as I said :
Low speed,SATA I speed if I remember,and no optical disk,ICH7-M disables IDE port in AHCI mode.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)