Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424180
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3562
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223851
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309532
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20225
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169164
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6268
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61120
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

Xeon 5000 Support for Gigabyte 8I945GMF
#1
Hi guys, it's me again.

If someone could add in the microcode for supporting Xeon 5000 series CPUs (Xeon 5060, 5080, etc) into the mentioned motherboard's BIOS, that would be great.

It would be even better if you could provide instructions for flashing it Smile
find
quote
#2
Did you tried to boot your motherboard with Xeon 5000 series CPU?
find
quote
#3
I haven't bought it yet.

I know the Pentium D's are cheap (I also have a small stockpile of them too Tongue) but this is more of an experiment to see if you can indeed run 50xx Xeons on a Pentium D board (I've only seen it done on Px5) Smile
find
quote
#4
costeld69 have tried to do it without success:
(12-22-2015, 10:39 AM)costeld69 Wrote: I hope, with your help, to use Xeon 5060 in hp sff dc7600.
Now i have Pentium D 950 SL95V (CPUID F64 , Core stepping C1).
I want to use Xeon 5060 SL96A (CPUID F64, Core stepping C1).
I try to inject bios v.16.1 https://driverscollection.com/_447605911...Re.-A-free with microcode for 771, but i failed.
(12-22-2015, 12:53 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I can't find successful attempts to boot Xeon with Dempsey core on motherboard with 945G or 945P. If you find it please tell about.
find
quote
#5
Maybe it's because of that OEM motherboard costeld69 is using.

Oh well, only one way to see if it works Smile
find
quote
#6
Bit of a necro but I'm the OP and I've got a cheap 5060 in the mail. If @DeathBringer or someone could make a BIOS with the microcodes and flashign instructions, that would be great.
find
quote
#7
Well, explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with new CPU.
Please tell sSpec of your new CPU.
find
quote
#8
I haven't got the chip yet, but it should be arriving in the next couple of days.
sSpec should probably be SL96A.

I tried to add the microcodes I got through IntelMicroDecode but I'm not sure if it worked. I'm not sure how to flash it either, Q-Flash can only read the BIOS from a floppy :/

I don't think they extracted properly though, because when I tried to add the same codes to the BIOS of an Asus P5GC-MX, MMTool didn't see it as a valid microcode file.
find
quote
#9
(08-04-2017, 02:03 AM)linuxfanatic Wrote: I haven't got the chip yet, but it should be arriving in the next couple of days.
OK.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)