Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425660
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

acer aspire 5920g bios request
#11
(12-19-2022, 07:01 PM)Remdale Wrote: I found it on a Russian website which was referring to the notebookreview forum.
I see, they stated unlocked menus. But something is wrong.
Perhaps they just didn't test the mod. And so your observation can coincide with this case. To verify this, compare two BIOS files (mod and original) by opening them in the Phoenix BIOS Editor.
find
quote
#12
I opened the modded BIOS file through the Phoenix BIOS Editor and found a plenty of options displayed in the Main tab. But they are not visible after flashing. How come?
Sorry, I couldn't find any explanations by the second link you are referring to.
find
quote
#13
I meant that options can be hidden if a certain condition isn't met.
find
quote
#14
But how do I find the condition byte?
For instance, I've just tried to swap "D2D Recovery" with "SATA Mode" in the hex editor, but nothing changed. "D2D Recovery" is available and "SATA Mode" is still invisible
find
quote
#15
It was my fault. I was doing a blind flash, but it never was successful. So I did it from OS and it worked. I flashed the image I've posted earlier, but LVDS output is still not working during POST. The videocard I'm trying to get to work is ATI Radeon X2500
find
quote
#16
(12-25-2022, 05:04 PM)Remdale Wrote: The videocard I'm trying to get to work is ATI Radeon X2500
Also videoBIOS part requires correction, i think.
find
quote
#17
I looked at the native MXM structure for X2500 taken from Acer 5720 and checked the LVDS part, it looks identical to the one in the modded 5920G's BIOS. Anyway, I thought the OS (Windows XP) would recognize the LVDS panel after installing the video driver, but it didn't and Catalyst Center can't recognize it too.
.Netroller 3D didn't mention any changes in vBIOS in the description of the mod. I sent him a PM on another forum and hope to get his response soon
find
quote
#18
I forgot to post an update. The reason was a missing resistor on the DDC line on the videocard. It was probably lost by the previous owner. I soldered it back and the videocard is now working properly
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)