Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1800
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6423
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14057
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424591
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3664
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 353
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224966
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119220
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6823
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 448
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309858
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62012
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20327
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169462
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6403

asus F556-UA54, possibly bricked
#21
MX25L6473E is the BIOS try first dump with 1.31free(1.4) version
find
quote
#22
(06-25-2019, 03:06 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: MX25L6473E is the BIOS try first dump with 1.31free(1.4) version

thanks.  I'll give it a try Tuesday afternoon.  almost 4:30 am here now.
find
quote
#23
@lost_n_bios, here's a backup of the bios currently on the chip, as read from the programmer:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...8156746772

I'll wait for your ok before going onto step 3 in the guide.
find
quote
#24
No, this is bad dump, incorrect size. Please be sure you pick your correct BIOS size (8MB), it's at middle right side next to "25 SPI Flash"
Choose that and make new dump then send to me
find
quote
#25
(06-26-2019, 12:38 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: No, this is bad dump, incorrect size.  Please be sure you pick your correct BIOS size (8MB), it's at middle right side next to "25 SPI Flash"
Choose that and make new dump then send to me

try this one:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9876070150
find
quote
#26
That's good, corrupted BIOS due to what happened, but correct BIOS dump

It's missing first two volumes, and a padding file in there too, along with both/all NVRAM, so I cannot recover your board specific details from this, we'll have to gather from stickers on the board and case and recreate some too. But wait on this, I may still be able to find and dig out via hex,

Can you find your MAC address in logs, or any emails (view source) you've sent before this happened?

I can send you stock BIOS fixed, that will be bootable for now, if you want, but all details will be missing so LAN Ethernet may not work and windows may not be activated.
find
quote
#27
(06-26-2019, 02:33 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: That's good, corrupted BIOS due to what happened, but correct BIOS dump

It's missing first two volumes, and a padding file in there too, along with both/all NVRAM, so I cannot recover your board specific details from this, we'll have to gather from stickers on the board and case and recreate some too.  But wait on this, I may still be able to find and dig out via hex,

Can you find your MAC address in logs, or any emails (view source) you've sent before this happened?

I can send you stock BIOS fixed, that will be bootable for now, if you want, but all details will be missing so LAN Ethernet may not work and windows may not be activated.

how do we get the LAN ethernet to work and get windows activated again?

unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to find my MAC address.
find
quote
#28
Check router log for your MAC address. This only applies to Ethernet, wireless would have it's own stored on chip usually, so if you used wireless LAN in this system that will probably be OK. Otherwise, all this, especially LAN MAC ID is always on stickers on the board or inside the casing etc.

Windows activation will be OK too once we fix the serial, UUID and all that. Zip up images for me of all stickers on the back of the system, all stickers on the board itself, and be sure to check side of 24 pin, top/bottom sides of PCI/PCIE slots and all around the board too. Also check inside casing as there might be stickers there too (if this is laptop, I only mean inside the bottom of the case you removed to redo BIOS. Also if this is laptop forget what I mentioned about the PCI/PCIE slots Big Grin Only check on the board itself everywhere, on and around Memory slots, and remove memory in case stickers under there too.

I have located info that is likely your serial, and possibly LAN, but I need to confirm with stickers and need those too in order to correctly format and put back into a usable BIOS.

Here is stock BIOS fixed for now, so you can at least have the system running again. If this fails, then ME FW is also corrupt, and I'll fix that for you once you mention it's failing. Didn't do now because it looked OK
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5895442454
find
quote
#29
(06-26-2019, 03:12 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Check router log for your MAC address.  This only applies to Ethernet, wireless would have it's own stored on chip usually, so if you used wireless LAN in this system that will probably be OK.  Otherwise, all this, especially LAN MAC ID is always on stickers on the board or inside the casing etc.

Windows activation will be OK too once we fix the serial, UUID and all that.  Zip up images for me of all stickers on the back of the system, all stickers on the board itself, and be sure to check side of 24 pin, top/bottom sides of PCI/PCIE slots and all around the board too.  Also check inside casing as there might be stickers there too (if this is laptop, I only mean inside the bottom of the case you removed to redo BIOS.  Also if this is laptop forget what I mentioned about the PCI/PCIE slots Big Grin  Only check on the board itself everywhere, on and around Memory slots, and remove memory in case stickers under there too.

I have located info that is likely your serial, and possibly LAN, but I need to confirm with stickers and need those too in order to correctly format and put back into a usable BIOS.

Here is stock BIOS fixed for now, so you can at least have the system running again.  If this fails, then ME FW is also corrupt, and I'll fix that for you once you mention it's failing.  Didn't do now because it looked OK
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5895442454

here's a link for the photos of all the stickers and stuff I saw on the rear of the laptop, the bottom panel I removed, on the motherboard, etc.:

https://imgur.com/a/9WELeoy
find
quote
#30
Please put all that in a zip or 7zip, thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)