Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1816
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6429
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14059
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424601
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3666
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225008
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119225
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 306
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6825
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 452
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309868
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 670
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20331
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169468
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6406

asus F556-UA54, possibly bricked
#31
(06-26-2019, 02:00 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Please put all that in a zip or 7zip, thanks

done:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...4464154481
find
quote
#32
One serial matches what I found earlier, other one is not shown in those stickers, but sometimes it's not.
Also, missing one image possibly, please pop out the memory stick, is there any sticker underneath it?
find
quote
#33
(06-26-2019, 10:11 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: One serial matches what I found earlier, other one is not shown in those stickers, but sometimes it's not.
Also, missing one image possibly, please pop out the memory stick, is there any sticker underneath it?

The only thing that's below the ram stick is like a black cover that's glued down to I assume some chips on the motherboard.
find
quote
#34
I mean underneath the memory, if you remove the stick. Is that what you meant too? You can't see other side of the board without taking it complete out can you? I believe I found the block that contains the board specific info, at least one copy of it, but without a full proper dump, or BIOS region dump, from this same or similar (one of the other two models) I can't confirm it's proper exact location or if it should be in two places like many Asus.

Did you program in the other BIOS I sent yesterday and board is running now? If yes, dump BIOS with FPT or programmer and send me a copy, I unlocked FD so you can dump entire BIOS with FPT if you want (FPTw.exe -d SPI.BIN)
find
quote
#35
If you remove the memory stick completely, there's a black plastic cover that's like glued on top of some bios chips I believe.

I did not flash the chip yet. If you want me to do that without the rest of the information, I can do that.
find
quote
#36
It can't be on top of BIOS chips, since you already know where the BIOS is an dumped from it. Maybe some mosfets or some other similar chips. It's OK, don't remove the cover, I doubt there is any sticker under there like I expected since there is chips there.

Yes, I assumed you'd already be booting the system once I sent you that BIOS the other day Big Grin It's fine to do, but just wont have the info so windows might not activate, or stay activated, but you can see if LAN/WLAN is working or not. I'll try to find a dump from one of these systems so I can get the position of this info correct.

* Edit, I found another user dump, now I can make full proper BIOS with your info. I will make one with NVRAM and one without, so you can test if the one without NVRAM keeps windows activated or not, if it doesn't then I will find and replace with your key. Never mind, I don't like the look of this files keyed info area, still checking around for something that looks more like what I expect.

Ahh! Only site I've found free good dumps, I can only get one a day, so tomorrow I will try next model and hope for better file
find
quote
#37
(06-26-2019, 11:22 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: It can't be on top of BIOS chips, since you already know where the BIOS is an dumped from it.  Maybe some mosfets or some other similar chips.  It's OK, don't remove the cover, I doubt there is any sticker under there like I expected since there is chips there.

Yes, I assumed you'd already be booting the system once I sent you that BIOS the other day Big Grin  It's fine to do, but just wont have the info so windows might not activate, or stay activated, but you can see if LAN/WLAN is working or not.  I'll try to find a dump from one of these systems so I can get the position of this info correct.

* Edit, I found another user dump, now I can make full proper BIOS with your info.  I will make one with NVRAM and one without, so you can test if the one without NVRAM keeps windows activated or not, if it doesn't then I will find and replace with your key

erased and blanked the chip.  now writing the new bios file you provided yesterday.  once it's done, read & verified, I'll take a fresh dump and attach it here.  after that, I'll boot up the laptop to see if it's somewhat working and report back!
find
quote
#38
here's a new dump after flashing the chip with your provided bios...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9065943657

I'm going to boot it up here now and report back in a few minutes.
find
quote
#39
Thanks! See my edits above, I was editing a few times and didn't see your reply until I posted and refreshed Big Grin
find
quote
#40
laptop is up and running now....wireless is working fine. no issues logging into windows.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)