Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107980
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8760
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14351
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425626
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3840
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227524
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310579
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

help needed: Managed to kill BIOS
#1
OK, so some time back I asked for help regarding removing the whitelist for a Yoga 2 13. I received some help from a user here but when trying to flash the BIOS I encountered errors. Everything seemed to work fine afterwards until I restarted the computer. It greeted me with an error message that no operating system was detected (don't have the accurate wording right now). When entering the BIOS it sometimes detected my hard drive and sometimes it didn't...but never was I able to start the system.

I then tried to flash the BIOS with a cheap SPI programmer (CH341A) and a software that didn't officially support or detect my chip. This is when I really messed up. After that my computer went completely dead. Pressing the power button lights up the power led for a second or two and that's it. Screen does not come on, fan doesn't spin, no sound whatsoever.

By now I have flashrom running on my Raspberry PI and when I flash with that everything looks OK. Flashrom detects my chip correctly, erases, writes and verifies. Unfortunately the result is the same....laptop won't start.

One thing I noticed is that flashrom gave a warning that the bios file size did not match the chip size (file was smaller). So what I did is that I filled the end of the file with zeros. In that way I tried to flash both the bios dump that I created before I started this whole adventure as well as the modded bios file that I received from the helpful user. Neither worked.

I then also downloaded the current BIOS from the Lenovo support page and extracted the executable. I found a .ROM file which was too large (roughly 9MB instead of 8MB) so I just "cut off" the end of the file and flashed it. Results unchanged.

Does anyone have any idea what else to try? Is it correct to just fill the end of the bios dump with zeros to bring the file size to 8MB?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)