Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1804
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6427
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14057
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424596
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3664
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224977
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119222
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6823
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 448
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309861
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62014
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20328
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169463
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6404

shuttle sg41j4
#1
Hello and thanks for the great bios mod site.

I am trying to find a mod for my Shuttle SG42J4 bios. I updated the processor to an Intel X5460 and need NX/SSE2 support which is not showing in the bios. Can the bios be modded to get this support.

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Bendorf
rbendorf@gmail.com
find
quote
#2
(02-09-2014, 10:52 AM)rbendorf Wrote: Hello and thanks for the great bios mod site.

I am trying to find a mod for my Shuttle SG42J4 bios. I updated the processor to an Intel X5460 and need NX/SSE2 support which is not showing in the bios. Can the bios be modded to get this support.

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Bendorf
rbendorf@gmail.com

I think this belongs in the request section, not the confirmed fix section
find
quote
#3
(02-09-2014, 10:52 AM)rbendorf Wrote: Hello and thanks for the great bios mod site.

I am trying to find a mod for my Shuttle SG42J4 bios. I updated the processor to an Intel X5460 and need NX/SSE2 support which is not showing in the bios. Can the bios be modded to get this support.

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Bendorf
rbendorf@gmail.com

Here you go.  I loaded the newest 45nm Xeon microcodes.  The archive file includes the flash program and bat file that the manufacturer provided.  You will have to flash it from DOS.


Attached Files
.rar   SG41J4.rar (Size: 605.64 KB / Downloads: 14)
find
quote
#4
(05-30-2015, 05:33 PM)jmsandrsn Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 10:52 AM)rbendorf Wrote: Hello and thanks for the great bios mod site.

I am trying to find a mod for my Shuttle SG42J4 bios. I updated the processor to an Intel X5460 and need NX/SSE2 support which is not showing in the bios. Can the bios be modded to get this support.

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Bendorf
rbendorf@gmail.com

Here you go.  I loaded the newest 45nm Xeon microcodes.  The archive file includes the flash program and bat file that the manufacturer provided.  You will have to flash it from DOS.

I was wondering if anyone has verified this BIOS as working. I would like to try it but I'm a little leery with no followup comments from the OP.
find
quote
#5
Well, I took a leap and used the bios linked above. It worked perfect. BTW, it is SLIC2.1 from Shuttle. Just install a Shuttle Cert (can be found by searching the correct locations) for easy Win7 activation.

See the attached CPUZ shot for my new little $20 Shuttle XPC (SG41J4) running a $20 Xeon L5430 (50w cpu running 2.66GHz). Nice little setup for the price. Used some existing spare parts.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
(10-01-2015, 10:41 PM)billbillw Wrote: Well, I took a leap and used the bios linked above. It worked perfect. BTW, it is SLIC2.1 from Shuttle. Just install a Shuttle Cert (can be found by searching the correct locations) for easy Win7 activation.

See the attached CPUZ shot for my new little $20 Shuttle XPC (SG41J4) running a $20 Xeon L5430 (50w cpu running 2.66GHz). Nice little setup for the price. Used some existing spare parts.



Any update on this? I was unable to get a similar L5420  to work properly on my SG41J1. The motherboard should be the same as the SG41J4.

Wonder if it's been working fine for you all this time? Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)