Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108052
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425652
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227618
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310604
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

trouble enabling boot options of DVD and USB in 2.01.1204 v 203...
#1
Hello,

I am new to this forum so I hope I am putting this question in the right subforum. If not excuse me.

I have an ASUS laptop G74SX which has run perfectly for nearly 2 years.

Recently I got the BOOTMGR missing message after a BSOD and I can't get into Windows7 any longer.

This PC has BIOS 2.01.1204 and I flashed it to the latest verion on ASUS support page version 203. ( I have no idea if a BIOS is generic to the market or if ASUS uses their own BIOSes in their machines?)

In any case my problem is that I want to use a bootable DVD or a bootable USB but the BIOS can't locate the DVD-players (it doesn't show up in the BIOS) nor do the USB flash drive but at least the Flash drive can be seen in the bootable options before you enter the BIOS.

In this BIOS there are very few settings you can change overall. I don't get why the DVD player (which works) can't be found by the BIOS or why the bootable USB-flash drive wont start when you pick it from the boot menu.

Does anyone know what settings I should use in the BIOS or what I should do to repair the BOOTMGR when the BIOS refuses to use both the DVD player and the USB drivers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

Well. I finally managed to set the BIOS so that I coudl boot from the USB-stick and start the win7 installation. The only problem now is that I can't choose the system SSD HDD to intall win7 unto but only the secondary (and original) HDD where there is no earlier win7. The strange thing is that I can see both HDDs in the BIOS SATA set up. Maybe you BIOS gurus can help me explain why the BIOS can see both HDDs but the win7 installation program can only see the secondaty HDD (where I don't want to place win7 since all I want to do is repair the bootmgr.

Also what will happen if I make a second separate windows installation on the storage HDD (#2) just to get acccess to my PC at all? Would it ruin my set up or could I delete the second win version after I fix my first?

And is my system disk broken now that I can't install windows on it even if I can see it in the BIOS?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)