Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22802
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Yesterday 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6786
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 83
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Yesterday 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Yesterday 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2847
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Yesterday 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 22036
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Yesterday 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 186
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
04-18-2024 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26136
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 145
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 129
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6232
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220165
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 204
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98847
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24122
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324808
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1088
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 355
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 183

which .fd file should I be used for Phoenix Tool moding?
Summary of problems: Blank Screen with blinking cursor; ESC key couldn't bring up Startup Menu; OS not loading

Product Name: HP G62 237 CA Notebook PC

Short description of problems:
--- Press ESC key couldn’t bring up Startup Menu when booting up
--- Blank screen with blinking cursor thereafter
--- Stuck here forever and OS is not loading

DETAILED INFORMATION:

Product Name and Operating System:

Model: HP G62 237 CA Notebook PC
O/S: Pre-loaded with Win 7 Home Prem (now formatted)
Processor: Pent. Dual-Core CPU T4500 2.30GHz
Memory: 4GB
BIOS Ver. (Insyde): F.17 (currently flashed to the latest F.37)
System Board ID: 1484
Product #: WQ767UA#ABC
Product Config ID: 049C110000202710000020000

Problem History:

--- It all started with frequent BSOD (got fixed later because of faulty RAM that I suspected)
--- Window 7 couldn’t be loaded
--- Window Repair and HP Recovery were tried but not functioning
--- OEM Hard Drive was then removed & formatted few times by using other computers
--- Hard Drive was then tested by other computers; it can be installed Win XP & Win 7
--- So, Hard Drive was eliminated from the suspect list
--- Replaced with other good RAMs from other computers & put back the formatted OEM Hard Drive to my HP G62; everything worked fine, such as: able to reinstall Win 7; listening to music files; got Internet to download latest BIOS from HP support site; connected to my 42 inched TV as my monitor; and even smoothly updated the BIOS from v.17 to v.37!
--- Also, able to receive Window Updates from the Internet; and seemed that all problems were nicely solved
--- Once I believe my system got stabilized; I went back to test the 2 supposedly problematic RAMs to see whether they were both faulty or not, then the whole thing has turned around! Completely screwed me up until this moment …
--- After put back the problematic RAM, Window couldn’t be loaded …
--- With a few error messages… such as:

The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum (see attachment 1 here).    

--- After the next reboot… an unexpected screen message showed up (see attachment 2 here):    

Intel ® Cantiga PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS
Build Number: 1932 PC 14.34 11/11/2009 02:36:14
DECOMPILATION OR DISASSEMBLY PROHIBITED
Copyright © 2000-2003 Intel Corp. All Rights Reserved.

--- After that, OS was not loading …
--- Press ESC key couldn’t bring up the Startup Menu during boot up
--- Blank screen with blinking cursor thereafter and seems stuck here forever
--- the fan is still running; the Power button is functioning but it never allows to boot beyond the initial HP logo!

Procedures performed for troubleshooting:

---Tried hard reset for more than 5 times (removed battery, AC adapter disconnected and then hold down the Power button for more than 60 secs) and tried reseating memory too; same result with Blank Screen with blinking cursor after each reboot.

---Connected to an external monitor [Fn + F4/F5] to see whether there was any display, nothing has showed on the external monitor, it seemed that no connection established between the two.

---My Keyboard LED light (near the Caps Lock) only blink ‘once’ during each initial boot up …, according to HP support, if an error is detected during the start up process - the number of blinks in the sequence indicates what system component caused an error during start up … However, that LED light diagnostic feature pertains to HP laptop with the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) installed. In my situation, I’ve already formatted my OEM Hard Drive for a few times! I suppose my Keyboard LED lights do not indicate or correspond to my HP G62’s real problems?

---Finally, took the long journey to follow the Service and Maintenance Guide of HP G62 to remove the CMOS battery for well over 15 minutes and put it back. But the result was again disappointed. Tried 4 times already. The latest error message is (see attachment 3 here):    

The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your BIOS Setup options to see if they change.
CMOS Reset (502)
ENTER – Reboot the system

After this message, the same Blank Screen with blinking cursor came back. And pressing the ESC key couldn’t bring up Startup Menu during booting up … it never allows booting beyond the initial HP logo!

I’ve already carefully read this HP Support document titled “HP BIOS Application Selected is Corrupt or Missing”:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...43485#N144

Note 1: the Blank Screen I’m experiencing right now is not completely black, in fact, there is background light from behind the screen and on each reboot, I can see the HP logo and the left corner message of: “Press ESC key for Startup Menu” … So, I suppose that my computer screen is not physically broken at least.

Note 2: I have formatted my Hard Drive more than 3 times during the last few days for troubleshooting and testing; I don’t have the OEM pre-loaded Win 7 with me anyone …; accordingly, all HP Tools and the related partitions were entirely erased!

Requests:

1. Please! Can anyone explain to me that what could possibly be the problems and the root causes if is known?
2. Is it really BIOS issue? Or, the Blank Screen could be video driver / SVGA BIOS got corrupted??? (see attachment 2 above)
3. What steps or other tests can be done to troubleshoot further to locate the real problems?
4. As a last resort, do you think replacing the entire MotherBoard can cure the Blank Screen hanging issue?

Technical issues need some advice:

I’ve already downloaded the most updated HP G62 BIOS to be moded by the Phoenix Tool soon; however, after the BIOS was unzipped by 7-zip, it came up with three ****.fd files. Which one should be used for moding? One forum post has suggested to select the one with the largest file size; another thread suggested to select the one closest to my motherboard no. Should I just find the right match without regard to whether its file size is the largest or not? My motherboard no. is 1484 which is confirmed by the fine print marked inside the Battery Bay at the back of my laptop (see attachment 4 here).     Regarding which .fd file should I be used for moding, please see attachment 5 here     and instruct me so, thanks in advance!

Warranty: expired! I am the original purchaser & the end-user of this HP G62 laptop; acquired 3 years ago directly from a trustworthy source: staples in Canada. I can no longer get any support from HP! And on the last week (Jan 15 –16, 2014), HP launched an Expert Days to answer all technical questions … HP claimed that 250 experts will be deployed to offer helps in the HP’s own forums to answer all sorts of peculiar issues … I was so disappointed that I’ve got only 1 single reply from a non-expert that felt sympathy on my situation and he suggested me to contact HP Canada for further assistance!!! Where were those 250 HP experts? My God … were they grossly incompetent in such collective manner or simply all of them overlooked my 3 posts that addressed the same problems but were worded differently and spanned across 3 different sub-forum to seek for helps!

Now, all my hope is on this bios-mods.com forum!!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestion and idea!
Owenson
=====================================
find
We have know if your laptop is been broking after bios update at 1st reboot, if version F.17 worked good and if You have ttempted bios recovery procedure to reinstall old bios (F.17).
Here is a list of bios for HP laptop :
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-compa...eases.html

Here Bios recovery HP (use USB Drive 2GB or 4GB formatted in pure dos FAT16 or FAT32 do it by HP USB Tool attached, and put into the bios file 1425F17.fd this is ver F.17 and a copy renamed 1425F17.bin too make a copy and rename it too as 1425.fd and 1425.bin, put into PHLASH16.EXE and follow instruction of HP)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...=c02693833

http://rapidgator.net/file/aed7999f2b7fe...W.rar.html
http://rg.to/file/9f81e963ad8d629797b137...a.zip.html

Look here as example :
http://www.fclose.com/3022/hp-compaq-bio...-flashing/

How to prepare USB stick :
http://www.biosflash.com/e/bios-boot-usb-stick.htm

You Will have plash16.ex + many renamed copies fo same bios s we don't know which name it will use !

Let me know. With regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find