Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-15-2015, 11:26 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]My friend,
make a Tutorial and I will stick It for anyone afraid to break his laptop and
to get a goal indeed !!!
regards

could it be something from the bios? i don't have sound from the speakers anymore. (the audio jack for headphones works). tried reinstalling drivers, also changed operating system with no result.
Maybe you forgot to connect speakers?
(05-15-2015, 03:39 PM)Gruberek Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you forgot to connect speakers?

that was my first guess. opened it up again and looked. (i assume it's that connector similar to old audio card to cd-rom connector)

then tried going in the bios to see if by any chance the on board sound is disabled from bios and i couldn't find it in the bios (which by the way is looking sooo weird - too many info in there compared to what it had before)
If everything is connected it is possible that you damaged the headphone jack socket.
(05-15-2015, 04:20 PM)Gruberek Wrote: [ -> ]If everything is connected it is possible that you damaged the headphone jack socket.

headphone jack socket works. if i connect headphones to it i can hear the music playing in the headphones.
Jack works so that when you connect headphones off the speakers. If it is damaged, the computer may think that the headphones are plugged in and because the speakers are not working.
Is there any news? Got this lap, I love it but looking for a e-gpu, and I found this topic, seems like it is difficult to us to use the wifi slot, am I wrong?
I am sorry but there aren't so only using an SPI Programmer is possible this job !
Look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

regrads
Question: is it possible to access the BIOS chip from the bottom of the machine, without dissembling the laptop entirely?
No Sad