Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-27-2017, 10:46 AM)r6gear Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, i have read some threads here on bios-mods, and i need some help, can anywane remove me whitelist from my bios, and advanced menu? thank you, here are my rezults with sleep bug, if helps... thank you guys for help, i apreciate any help, i hate this wifi card, have a nice and lovley day.
here are my rezults. 
Hi
Your mod completed, read PM
Hello friends.
Here's my problem.
I got a new wifi card on my computer.(Broadcom BCM943225HM )
The problem is: unauthorized wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it
Can you help me with this?

Computer information.
Lenovo G510
BIOS Version: 79CN50WW(V3.09)
EC VERSİON: 79EC50WW(V3.09)
LENOVO SN: CB30292406
BOARD NUMBER : 3383248500727
UUID NUMBER: B2F3F73B-A5D2-11E3-829D-201A06F63EA0

bios backup: https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/YaZs...TCRqS8bkbw
Hi everybody!
I have a big problem with my Lenovo G510 laptop:
(sorry my weak english)

The keyboard and touchpad is not working in Windows.
I tried to reinstall the system.The keyboard is working in BIOS setup.
But when I need to set the language in first Windows install scene ... no keyboard, and no touchpad.
I tried everything (maybe):
-boot from pendrive and DVD.
-boot install disk win7,8,10
-3 version of linux
Live linux is booted,useable with USB mouse, but keyboard and touchpad is not working too..

The laptop is useable with USB mouse and keyboard, but I no want use like "desktop machine" .

1. Somebody can say me what a problem? (Bad bios settings, or bad hardware, or some other?
2. I want download the older BIOS, but the links to 79CN36WW and 79CN38WW is no live.
I should get live link to old BIOS.
Thanks
I could be great for others with the same trouble to know if it finally Works Wink
Hi Dudu2002. I also have a Lenovo G510 (Bios 3.05 versión) and I've had many problems with this issue. Could you please send me the solution?

Thank you very much
Hi, I'm getting message "Unauthorized Wireless card".
Please remove whitelist from my BIOS:

Laptop: Lenovo G510
BIOS version: 79CN50WW(V3.09)

Here is original bios: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...wgq309.exe
Thank you!
(04-26-2017, 03:28 PM)Pinio098 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm getting message "Unauthorized Wireless card".
Please remove whitelist from my BIOS:

Laptop: Lenovo G510
BIOS version: 79CN50WW(V3.09)

Here is original bios: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...wgq309.exe
Thank you!
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Dear Forum,

My brother has just been given a Lenovo G510 to use at school but the Broadcom Wi-Fi card is absolutely horrendous :Sad We've done a couple of upgrades (replaced optical drive with an HDD bay, moved HDD to that bay and installed an SSD) but my next target is the terrible WLAN!

I assume the whitelist will affect us, and I'm thinking to order an Intel 3160 HMW (seems to be the best 1x1 replacement card available).

I've uploaded the dump files from various tools I've found online to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...sp=sharing
I also put the original Lenovo BIOSes here too.

I installed v3.09 a couple of weeks ago during routine upgrades, not expecting the Wi-Fi to be this awful. Even though it is write-protected, the sleep bug trick seemed to work. I can also enable Flashback if it's easier to go back to 3.07 that I found a downgrade to.

Info
Current version: 3.09
Current card: VEN 14E4 DEV 4365 REV 01
BIOS ID: VIWGQ
Machine Type: 20238

Do let me know if you need any further information, and thank you for any assistance! I would mod the BIOS myself but I've never done it before and don't want to take the risk on a machine that isn't mine :')

PS: I'm interested in enabling the hidden menus in the BIOS/EFI too so that maybe we can underclock a bit (he needs it mainly for word processing and we got a 6600mAh battery for it), but I assume I should get/test the whitelist first before requesting this?
(04-30-2017, 11:46 AM)chammond Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Forum,

My brother has just been given a Lenovo G510 to use at school but the Broadcom Wi-Fi card is absolutely horrendous :Sad We've done a couple of upgrades (replaced optical drive with an HDD bay, moved HDD to that bay and installed an SSD) but my next target is the terrible WLAN!

I assume the whitelist will affect us, and I'm thinking to order an Intel 3160 HMW (seems to be the best 1x1 replacement card available).

I've uploaded the dump files from various tools I've found online to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...sp=sharing
I also put the original Lenovo BIOSes here too.

I installed v3.09 a couple of weeks ago during routine upgrades, not expecting the Wi-Fi to be this awful. Even though it is write-protected, the sleep bug trick seemed to work. I can also enable Flashback if it's easier to go back to 3.07 that I found a downgrade to.

Info
Current version: 3.09
Current card: VEN 14E4 DEV 4365 REV 01
BIOS ID: VIWGQ
Machine Type: 20238

Do let me know if you need any further information, and thank you for any assistance! I would mod the BIOS myself but I've never done it before and don't want to take the risk on a machine that isn't mine :')

PS: I'm interested in enabling the hidden menus in the BIOS/EFI too so that maybe we can underclock a bit (he needs it mainly for word processing and we got a 6600mAh battery for it), but I assume I should get/test the whitelist first before requesting this?
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Hi,

I would like to have my whitelist removed. (Lenovo G510 - 20238, 79CN50WW(V3.09))
Backup file: [attachment=12615]
And from backup tool: [attachment=12616]

Im interested in how the bios gets patched, is there a guide somewhere?
Thanks in advance!