Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: OptiPlex 360 380 760 780 960 Xeon LGA 771 E0 1067A Microcode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(05-27-2017, 03:00 PM)burnutec Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone do it for me? Or if has it , share it with me?
See the first post in this thread.  Near the bottom of the first post is a link to an Optiplex 755 BIOS and it appears to still be an active link.  That should be what you need unless I'm missing something.
(04-22-2017, 05:14 PM)lorenzolamas Wrote: [ -> ]Black screen... clear cmos... allways black screen.

The problem is that the you didn't even need to do the BIOS flash.  You have a xeon processor that is the C0 stepping and even though this CPU was not compatible with the Optiplex 380 (or at least not compatible until this mod came out 3-4 years ago) the necessary microcode is already in the Dell original BIOS.  The modified BIOS is only needed for people who are trying to use a xeon that is the E0 stepping.  Flash your BIOS back to the original dell bios and try installing your E5450 SLANQ processor.
Hello,

I'm doing this mod to 6 computers
Dell Optiplex 330

CPU : Intel XEON E5450 3.00GHZ/12M/1333 SLANQ CPU
I've placed the stickers on myself. ( not that difficult )
and nipped the CPU holder posts

I've done this mod successfully to 3 computers already, Dell T100, MSI and Asus motherboards.

Now, 2 of the D/O 330 systems I did this mod to are no longer booting FAN blowing at MAX speed.

a) I have tried holding the power button for 30 seconds with the power and battery out.
b) I have put the old CPU back in and holding power for 3 with power/battery out and no luck.

note: oddly this happened to another D/O 330 and after a few days of just sitting, it came back to life. 2 have not...

could someone provide a little help? am I missing something?
Did you a mod by yourself? Or used mods from this topic?
Are you using a modified BIOS or original Dell BIOS.  If all of the CPU's are SLANQ then you don't need a modified BIOS since the C0 stepping microcode is already in there for Xeons.

So it's probably an issue with the mod.  Can you take the modded CPU from one of the O330's that worked and put it in one of the non-working systems and see what happens.  Also, take one of the CPU's from the non-working system and try it in one of the system that was working.  I have a feeling that the sticker may not be placed as well as it should be.  If you have a magnifying glass you may want to double check the sticker placement.
Could you fix the link for Dell Optiplex 960? It's not working.

btw I modded a Xeon X3363 in it, but I need the microcode for stability so would be great if you fix the link. Smile
Could you fix the link for Dell Optiplex 960? It's not working.
Hi everyone!
I can't download the O380 modded bios, when the download ends my browser displays "Network Error". I've tried it on chrome, Mozilla and even on edge with different computers. It does the same with all the other optiplex modded bios. Is there a problem in the links?
I've also tried on an Android device, it's works but then I can't move the modded bios on my computer, it's deleted the second after I put it on my drive.
Can somebody help ?
Thanks a lot !
Can you please re-share BIOS for dell optiplex 960? link on first page do not working Sad thanks for help!
Could you fix the link for Dell Optiplex 780? It's not working. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27