Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

First up, this is not for me, I am a desktop user all the way, but a friend of mine wants to upgrade his BGN adapter with an AC adapter.

I have been trawling through most part of the forum and the site (also the verified modded BIOSes) But i dont seem to find the correct download for the tools to grab the BIOS from my friend's laptop (BDM links are all locked out, made an account here, made an account with the same name on ghost)

This is the information I can provide at this moment:

[Image: 12903853_10153919859411278_2042923135_o....e=56F9BBBE]
I need to remote into his laptop to get the BIOS and the FW but the question stands:

is the universal backup toolkit v2.0 the best way to grab the bios or is BDMmaster his toolpackage the best?

Secondary: if i have missed the correct bios from the modded bios list, i am sorry Smile

Kind Regards for helping me out and ill gladly sort a donation for the helping hands!

(I am a HW modder myself so I get it that a lot people ask for help but rarely return the effort)
Hello, dendob!
This mod already confirmed and based on saved personal dump, so it is not for share use.
Just run this tool and save dump
http://rghost.net/7kljdjzGQ
seems like rghost download is not possible, Did a little research and it is possible that my ISP is blocking the download from the site. I tried chrome & Iexplore but both have no luck, is there a mirror somewhere?
thank you that one works.

Will update when I can remote into his laptop and grab the BIOS.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5y4y96

that is the file extracted from the toolkit, is this sufficient?
Yes, your mod completed and sent in PM!
As bonus, i unlocked hidden options too.
flash going in tomorrow probably, will post feedback on results Smile
I have a leveno P580 laptop running the same 5ECN96WW BIOS, I would love to try the automod described here, in order to do so, I would need to have the The Patches.txt file for 5ECN96WW. Would you please re-post the patches.txt file?
Thanks in advance

Edit
Attached the backup ROM file, very appreciated if any one can remove the whitelist.
donation done, thx and enjoy!