Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 42
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221393
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118761
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 94
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6586
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 193
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308736
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61628
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 373
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20019
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168652
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6054
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 594
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5543
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60823
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274728
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 709
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24684
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694359
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174277

[REQUEST] Asus ROG G771JW BIOS Unlock
#1
Hi Everyone,
All owners of new model of ASUS ROG G771jw are facing big issue with CPU temperature throttling. It is set to 85C while there is recommended 100C by Intel. This setting cannot be changed without unlocking hidden features in Bios or modification. Asus service are bunch of ***** and they will tell you there is no issue. This gaming laptop has no vents on bottom so you can imagine how easy it goes to 85C. Throttling makes down piked to 800Mhz what makes this peace of machine useless.

I'm attaching diagnostics and current bios.

Please Help. Angel

.zip   PwrData_2015-6-27-17-48-58.zip (Size: 261.88 KB / Downloads: 15)

.zip   G771JWAS.zip (Size: 2.26 MB / Downloads: 33)
find
quote
#2
Hi all,

I have recently unlocked my main BIOS in my Asus laptop G771JW. Now temperature of processor doesn't throttle until it reaches 99C.

But I have a problem of flashing a vBios for my GPU 960M, as the limits of TDP and temperature throttling need to be changed in vBios aswell.

I tried using nvflash to extract my vBios but it says EEPROM ID process failed. I tried to used both x64 and DOS version, normal and with bypass.

Can you help me with this?

If any donate required for your help, just ask. Really, I can appreciate help from your side.

Thanks.

EDIT: I extracted my vBios using MMTool. Still I don't know how to remove that 84 degrees cap for GPU. (Cap for CPU is removed). NV vbios tweaker tool shows target temp. is 93, but it's not true. I can see in nv inspector that it's 84 and I can't change it, as it resets to 84.
find
quote
#3
Okay, I got that.

Only problem is - custom vBios is working only in LEGACY mode, not uefi. When I checked UEFI mode in BIOS and save, all settings of modded vbios goes back to stock. Strange.
Any solution?

EDIT: Solved.

Workaround and summary: I had to turn off Intel turbo mode and GPU boost to prevent throtthling - not the thermal but pwr (as gpu-z says). I was able to unlock temp. cap for CPU, but I couldn't do the same for GPU.
find
quote
#4
Hi there Bandit9229 I am looking everywhere for the unlocked bios to g771jw could you link it?

Best regards
find
quote
#5
(07-10-2016, 06:12 AM)dwinkle Wrote: Hi there Bandit9229 I am looking everywhere for the unlocked bios to g771jw could you link it?

Best regards

Yes, just upload me your bios and I'll unlock it. But main thing that throtthle your ROG are GPU and TDP limits. Read your BIOS using APTIO flasher (afuwin)
find
quote
#6
(07-10-2016, 10:28 AM)bandit9229 Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 06:12 AM)dwinkle Wrote: Hi there Bandit9229 I am looking everywhere for the unlocked bios to g771jw could you link it?

Best regards

Yes, just upload me your bios and I'll unlock it. But main thing that throtthle your ROG are GPU and TDP limits. Read your BIOS using APTIO flasher (afuwin)

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/...Q8GSj3/45/

Bios 211 in under the bios tag
find
quote
#7
Sorry but I need exact your's BIOS image to minimize risk of brick. Please save your image using this tool:

AfuWin64

Just simply open afuwingui.exe and click save button. Then send the file to me.

Thanks
find
quote
#8
(07-11-2016, 10:59 AM)bandit9229 Wrote: Sorry but I need exact your's BIOS image to minimize risk of brick. Please save your image using this tool:

AfuWin64

Just simply open afuwingui.exe and click save button. Then send the file to me.

Thanks

Here comes the bios


Attached Files
.rar   Bios.rar (Size: 2.14 MB / Downloads: 52)
find
quote
#9
Here:

BIOS_MOD

Now flash the BIOS using the same - AfuWin software, then restart computer, go into bios ->Advanced->CPU section. Now you have every option that controls your cpu. To turn off CPU throtthle edit "TCC Activation offset" to 1. Then save&exit. Your CPU will not throtthle till 99 degrees.

Only solution I found to turn off throtthle for GPU is to turn off Nvidia Boost and Intel Turbo boost. Unfortunately I couldn't change GPU throtthle temp.
find
quote
#10
Hi, could you do it for me too? I'd appreciate it. Here is my bios.


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS.zip (Size: 2.27 MB / Downloads: 20)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)