Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424129
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223728
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6736
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309494
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169140
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6260
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274946

acer aspire 5920g bios request
#11
(12-19-2022, 07:01 PM)Remdale Wrote: I found it on a Russian website which was referring to the notebookreview forum.
I see, they stated unlocked menus. But something is wrong.
Perhaps they just didn't test the mod. And so your observation can coincide with this case. To verify this, compare two BIOS files (mod and original) by opening them in the Phoenix BIOS Editor.
find
quote
#12
I opened the modded BIOS file through the Phoenix BIOS Editor and found a plenty of options displayed in the Main tab. But they are not visible after flashing. How come?
Sorry, I couldn't find any explanations by the second link you are referring to.
find
quote
#13
I meant that options can be hidden if a certain condition isn't met.
find
quote
#14
But how do I find the condition byte?
For instance, I've just tried to swap "D2D Recovery" with "SATA Mode" in the hex editor, but nothing changed. "D2D Recovery" is available and "SATA Mode" is still invisible
find
quote
#15
It was my fault. I was doing a blind flash, but it never was successful. So I did it from OS and it worked. I flashed the image I've posted earlier, but LVDS output is still not working during POST. The videocard I'm trying to get to work is ATI Radeon X2500
find
quote
#16
(12-25-2022, 05:04 PM)Remdale Wrote: The videocard I'm trying to get to work is ATI Radeon X2500
Also videoBIOS part requires correction, i think.
find
quote
#17
I looked at the native MXM structure for X2500 taken from Acer 5720 and checked the LVDS part, it looks identical to the one in the modded 5920G's BIOS. Anyway, I thought the OS (Windows XP) would recognize the LVDS panel after installing the video driver, but it didn't and Catalyst Center can't recognize it too.
.Netroller 3D didn't mention any changes in vBIOS in the description of the mod. I sent him a PM on another forum and hope to get his response soon
find
quote
#18
I forgot to post an update. The reason was a missing resistor on the DDC line on the videocard. It was probably lost by the previous owner. I soldered it back and the videocard is now working properly
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)