Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224194
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6770
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169215
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6310
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5773
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61164

Asus N73SM & i7-2920XM
#1
Greetings,
I have an N73SM in which I installed an i7 2920XM but it remains stuck at the maximum frequency of 2.5 GHz despite having the multiplier unlocked. I tried to change various settings of the ThrottleStop software but nothing, can you help me modify its original BIOS so that I can make the most of that processor?
A thousand thanks


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

.rar   N73SMAS302.rar (Size: 1.13 MB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#2
Look at your screenshot - the reason is overheating.
"PROCHOT 85°C"
find
quote
#3
The problem is not the temperature because as you can see in these images it is under control even under stress as it does not go beyond 2.5 GHz, I had probably done another type of test and it had exceeded it in the previous image. I think it's more a question of TDP which is 55 W in the case of the 2920XM while the original was 45 W and I really think it's the limit to be changed in the BIOS but which I don't know how to do....


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#4
Make a photo of its motherboard near a socket.
P.S. Did you do Load Defaults in BIOS?
find
quote
#5
Yes, I have loaded the default settings from the BIOS as well as having tried various settings of the ThrottleStop software but the turbo function does not work. I don't want to dismantle the whole notebook again to take a photo, I can take images with AIDA64 if that helps. However, in my opinion it is a BIOS level block of the processor power which in this case is 55 W.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#6
Do Load Defaults in BIOS, save and reboot.
Go to ThrottleStop's folder and delete file ThrottleStop.ini and run ThrottleStop.
Make a screenshot with TRL and TPL windows of ThrottleStop.
find
quote
#7
I did as you told me and a strange thing happened but I didn't have time to save it with a screenshot. In practice, after deleting the ThrottleStop.ini file upon restarting by opening both the ThrottleStop software and the task manager I noticed that the processor reached 3.2 GHz but then when I opened AIDA64 to check the maximum frequency reached in the statistics it was now stuck again at 2.5 GHz. I continue to believe that once a certain power is exceeded, probably set in the original BIOS, the processor is blocked. The image settings are as the program has them by default.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#8
I think the reason is the hardware limit of motherboard's power subsystem.
So I need a photo of its motherboard near a socket.
find
quote
#9
Here are the images


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#10
There is no problem.
Make a photo of the label on PSU.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)