Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 117
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 181
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222485
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118955
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6674
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309079
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61811
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 503
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20138
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168909
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6183
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 704
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5661
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60984
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274843
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 817
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24765

[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 (5DCNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#1
Is there a mod BIOS for a LENOVO Y580, InsydeH2O v3.7, 5DCN90WW v8.01, running WIN8 Pro 64 to remove the WiFi/WWAN whitelist..
find
quote
#2
I have a Lenovo Y580 with an Insyde BIOS,
will this guide work?

link to bios http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobi...cn40ww.exe
find
quote
#3
I have a Y580 and tried to unlock it all the different ways that were available online, but to no avail. I realized that the size of my bios was smaller than the ones I was trying to flash, therefore it would be unable to flash correctly.

I made a bios dump and uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3w30lie78s4ca...00v207.BIN

I would be very grateful if someone just removes the whitelist for this room.
find
quote
#4
(07-02-2013, 02:41 PM)dhruhin Wrote: I have a Y580 and tried to unlock it all the different ways that were available online, but to no avail. I realized that the size of my bios was smaller than the ones I was trying to flash, therefore it would be unable to flash correctly.

I made a bios dump and uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3w30lie78s4ca...00v207.BIN

I would be very grateful if someone just removes the whitelist for this room.

WL removed only.
Bios mod: Lenovo_IdeaPad_Y480_Y580_5DCN40WW_NWL
http://rghost.net/47177602
Run InsydeFlash.exe (Modified_WL) to update.
Please post results.
find
quote
#5
(07-02-2013, 08:21 PM)sovem Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 02:41 PM)dhruhin Wrote: I have a Y580 and tried to unlock it all the different ways that were available online, but to no avail. I realized that the size of my bios was smaller than the ones I was trying to flash, therefore it would be unable to flash correctly.

I made a bios dump and uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3w30lie78s4ca...00v207.BIN

I would be very grateful if someone just removes the whitelist for this room.

WL removed only.
Bios mod: Lenovo_IdeaPad_Y480_Y580_5DCN40WW_NWL
http://rghost.net/47177602
Run InsydeFlash.exe (Modified_WL) to update.
Please post results.

It says "the version is not newer than previous one" I also removed bios_version_check flag and it gives me the same error.

EDIT: You already removed it, so it was already done. Can you remove the whitelist off the file I dumped?
find
quote
#6
(07-02-2013, 08:56 PM)dhruhin Wrote: It says "the version is not newer than previous one" I also removed bios_version_check flag and it gives me the same error.

EDIT: You already removed it, so it was already done. Can you remove the whitelist off the file I dumped?

OK, try backup with fpt tool: https://www.box.com/s/4fepki061ry1s1teavw0
find
quote
#7
(07-02-2013, 09:38 PM)sovem Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 08:56 PM)dhruhin Wrote: It says "the version is not newer than previous one" I also removed bios_version_check flag and it gives me the same error.

EDIT: You already removed it, so it was already done. Can you remove the whitelist off the file I dumped?

OK, try backup with fpt tool: https://www.box.com/s/4fepki061ry1s1teavw0

I backed it up and here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/brbd26f40uv2zh...AKK_64.ROM

btw, thank you for being patient with me
find
quote
#8
(07-03-2013, 12:58 PM)dhruhin Wrote: I backed it up and here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/brbd26f40uv2zh...AKK_64.ROM

btw, thank you for being patient with me

Try: IdeaPad_Y580_5DCN40WW_BACKUP_NWL_dhruhin
http://rghost.net/47198568
Look README to update. Please post results.
find
quote
#9
(07-03-2013, 07:05 PM)sovem Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 12:58 PM)dhruhin Wrote: I backed it up and here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/brbd26f40uv2zh...AKK_64.ROM

btw, thank you for being patient with me

Try: IdeaPad_Y580_5DCN40WW_BACKUP_NWL_dhruhin
http://rghost.net/47198568
Look README to update. Please post results.

I don't think I can thank you enough for this fix, it works perfectly. I did have the usb thing already created, but didn't have the bin file. Nevertheless, thank you so much for the effort you put in to making this work.
find
quote
#10
Hello,
Please, could somebody help me with my BIOS?


I have problems with WIFI whitelist removal of a Y580 ideapad.
I made a backup with Universal BIOS Backup 2.0 toolkit.
BIOS version 5DCN90WW(V8.01)

Bios Backup download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e30q0x74es2qvl...9.rom?dl=0

Thanks in advance.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)