Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 93
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424398
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3611
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 202
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224435
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119165
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6781
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 400
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309693
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61958
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20271
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169263
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6341
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 820
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5791
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61193

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (Rev 1.0) - BIOS F11d Mod request.
#1
Hi folks, I am trying to find out if my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (Rev 1.0) with F11d BIOS will support a 3TB HDD attached to the ICH10R SATA2_0 (Storage only, not a boot drive)?

I currently use a 2TB Samsung HD203WI on that port but am looking to upgrade it to a 3TB which I assume will be a 4K Sector model?

I am not sure as I use AHCI mode and have the drive formatted as a GUID Partition Table if I even need a modified BIOS so would welcome peoples thoughts on this but would appreciate a modified BIOS using the latest possible modifications for this motherboard.

I have attached the latest (& last!) F11d BIOS that I have been using for quite some time now.

Many thanks...312BhP


Attached Files
.zip   ep45ud3p.F11d.zip (Size: 594.58 KB / Downloads: 66)
find
quote
#2
Any updates on this subject? I'm in the same boat, 3TB HDD reporting as 2TB.
find
quote
#3
I took your bios file and made the following changes:

ICHAAHCI - pchahci_1.20E
ICH10R southbridge - v12.7.0.1936
8111C ethernet - rtegrom257.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb1.07.28

I do not have the GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.0 to test the bios. It should work fine based on past results. Standard disclaimer: use at your own risk. Note that some Gigabyte's beta bios' were designed with SSDs in mind. If you have problems and you don't have an SSD, you may need to update the F10 version instead. Since you indicated the 11d is already working in your system, it's a low risk.

I did not add any SLIC since none was requested My recommendation is to use Intel's Rapid Storage Technology version 12.8.6.1000 for RAID. I've been using RST 12.8 with OROM 12.7.0.1936 and found it to be stable on my GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 and GA-EP45T-USB3 rev1.0 for a couple of months now.
find
quote
#4
hello,
I dig this old post cause I'm in a trouble.

I have a mb GA-EP45T-UD3P rev.1.0 (but my actual BIOS F8c seems doesn't support instal Win7 to SSD)
So, where I can find the BIOS file F11d you have modified ?
I'm registered but I can't view anything than the F11d file posted by "312bHP", but this file just give a error BIOS ID in Q-flash utility.

Thanks in advance for your help.

(09-24-2013, 08:06 PM)gto4ben Wrote: I took your bios file and made the following changes:

ICHAAHCI - pchahci_1.20E
ICH10R southbridge - v12.7.0.1936
8111C ethernet - rtegrom257.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb1.07.28

I do not have the GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.0 to test the bios. It should work fine based on past results. Standard disclaimer: use at your own risk. Note that some Gigabyte's beta bios' were designed with SSDs in mind. If you have problems and you don't have an SSD, you may need to update the F10 version instead. Since you indicated the 11d is already working in your system, it's a low risk.

I did not add any SLIC since none was requested My recommendation is to use Intel's Rapid Storage Technology version 12.8.6.1000 for RAID. I've been using RST 12.8 with OROM 12.7.0.1936 and found it to be stable on my GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 and GA-EP45T-USB3 rev1.0 for a couple of months now.
find
quote
#5
This forum limits my attachment size to 10MB so it's most likely the file got deleted as new bios' were created. If the Gigabyte website still has the F11d, I'll work on a version for you tonight.
(10-06-2014, 10:19 AM)abraxas71 Wrote: hello,
I dig this old post cause I'm in a trouble.

I have a mb GA-EP45T-UD3P rev.1.0 (but my actual BIOS F8c seems doesn't support instal Win7 to SSD)
So, where I can find the BIOS file F11d you have modified ?
I'm registered but I can't view anything than the F11d file posted by "312bHP", but this file just give a error BIOS ID in Q-flash utility.

Thanks in advance for your help.

(09-24-2013, 08:06 PM)gto4ben Wrote: I took your bios file and made the following changes:

ICHAAHCI - pchahci_1.20E
ICH10R southbridge - v12.7.0.1936
8111C ethernet - rtegrom257.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb1.07.28

I do not have the GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.0 to test the bios. It should work fine based on past results. Standard disclaimer: use at your own risk. Note that some Gigabyte's beta bios' were designed with SSDs in mind. If you have problems and you don't have an SSD, you may need to update the F10 version instead. Since you indicated the 11d is already working in your system, it's a low risk.

I did not add any SLIC since none was requested My recommendation is to use Intel's Rapid Storage Technology version 12.8.6.1000 for RAID. I've been using RST 12.8 with OROM 12.7.0.1936 and found it to be stable on my GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 and GA-EP45T-USB3 rev1.0 for a couple of months now.
find
quote
#6
Thanks a lot for your message.
You give me a big hope.
May I highlight the T in the reference of my motherboard EP45T-ud3p (DDR3). The type of RAM seems the difference with the MB EP45-ud3p (DDR2).
Thanks again for your help

>gto4ben wrote :
This forum limits my attachment size to 10MB so it's most likely the file got deleted as new bios' were created. If the Gigabyte website still has the F11d, I'll work on a version for you tonight.
>abraxas71 wrote
hello,
I dig this old post cause I'm in a trouble.
I have a mb GA-EP45T-UD3P rev.1.0 (but my actual BIOS F8c seems doesn't support instal Win7 to SSD)
find
quote
#7
The changes made in the attached for a GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.0 F8C bios are:

ICH10R southbridge - v12902006 with the TRIM mod
RTL8111C ethernet - rtegrom260.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb362 1.07.24
ICHAACHI 1.2 original from a EP45-USB3P
Updated NCPUCODE

Enjoy.
find
quote
#8
Great!
I test it right now and i tell you.
Thanks again.

(10-07-2014, 10:18 AM)gto4ben Wrote: The changes made in the attached for a GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.0 F8C bios are:

ICH10R southbridge - v12902006 with the TRIM mod
RTL8111C ethernet - rtegrom260.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb362 1.07.24
ICHAACHI 1.2 original from a EP45-USB3P
Updated NCPUCODE

Enjoy.
find
quote
#9
(10-07-2014, 10:18 AM)gto4ben Wrote: ... attached for a GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.0 F8C bios...
Enjoy.
Milles mercis
Many thanks for your file. Everything works!
I have upgraded my BIOS, and instal Win 7 on SSD.
You save my time !
Thanks again.
find
quote
#10
(10-07-2014, 10:18 AM)gto4ben Wrote: The changes made in the attached for a GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.0 F8C bios are:

ICH10R southbridge - v12902006 with the TRIM mod
RTL8111C ethernet - rtegrom260.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb362 1.07.24
ICHAACHI 1.2 original from a EP45-USB3P
Updated NCPUCODE

Enjoy.

Hi !
Could you please reupload the file ? There is no download link anymore.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)