Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6370
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424501
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224632
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309749
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169385
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

DELL Optiplex FX160 SLIC 2.1 mod request
#1
Hello there,
I just got a bargain Dell Optiplex FX160 tiny desktop, can anyone help me with Slic 2.1 mod, please?

thanks in advance Big Grin

Here attached
.zip   FX160A12.zip (Size: 1.04 MB / Downloads: 32) latest official bios (A12)
and .HDR file
.zip   FX160A12.HDR.zip (Size: 475.83 KB / Downloads: 17) extracted from factory .EXE file
I should add Slic info to HDR file then re-flash it with proper bios flashing tool
But I don't know how to do it... need some help, please
find
quote
#2
Please...
find
quote
#3
Anyone can help me, please?
find
quote
#4

.rom   FX160A12_EXTRACTED_SLIC.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 25) I managed to add SLIC 2.1 data to this BIOS .rom file, using AMItool.

Now I need to re-install OS to check it for clean behaviour, gonna work on it.

In the meantime can anybody check it too?

Many thanks

Plz see attached .rom file (modified)
find
quote
#5
BIOS modded with AMItool with Dynamic method (only option available, other were all gray/unselectable), certificate ok, SLIC file ok, match ok, bios flash ok but no SLIC table found if checked with SLICtool 3.2.

Maybe SSV2 or SSV3 methods are suggested instead of dynamic? Because I cannot use those other methods...

Any suggestion?

Here attached GENUINE .ROM file extracted with AMIflash once flashed with original factory BIOS upgrade (A12), so a "virgin" .ROM file...

Please help...


Attached Files
.rom   FX160A12_extracted.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#6
Any suggestion, please...? I'm stuck with a loader, I'd go clean with a valid SLIC info.. please...
find
quote
#7
(05-21-2013, 05:12 AM)Puppetnation Wrote: Any suggestion, please...? I'm stuck with a loader, I'd go clean with a valid SLIC info.. please...

I have a few questions (I've got a couple of FX160 myself)
1) How did you extract the BIOS from exe
2) Have you flash "slic" .rom to your machine? DOS or WIN flash??
find
quote
#8
I will help You !
Now try to give a look my friend !

Ok I tried on A13 version and It's an old AMI Bios so You have to use Bios AMI Tool 1.63 by
Andy to introduce Slic 2.1 !
You can use your Bios Backup or extract a Bios Copy runnibg Bios Update and not confirming,
theo open a Folder Window pointing to %TEP% (Windows Temporary folder) and You'll find
a folder name "FX160A13" It will contains the Bios Fle and Updater Tool !
Look here :

http://rghost.net/60385020

Then Modify the Bios File (here there are capitols to write about .HDR and .ROM as AMIToolKit
needs .rom file and to get It or use a Bios Backup or remove some header from .HDR) and then
You can reflash It (from Dos is better) !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#9
Quote:Then Modify the Bios File (here there are capitols to write about .HDR and .ROM as AMIToolKit
needs .rom file and to get It or use a Bios Backup or remove some header from .HDR) and then
You can reflash It (from Dos is better) !
Regards

I was able to get *.hdr same way as you suggested but struggle to extract *.rom from *.hdr. I must say - I didn't try to use "universal extractor" but will do & keep you updated.
Many thanks for help
find
quote
#10
Ok friend,
I hope You will understand :


This is the header chunck to remove into .HDR (84 Bytes)
2452425554010101
436F707972696768
7420323030382044
656C6C20496E632E
0000000000000000
0000000000000000
4131330000000000
0000010081100000
0000000000000000
0000000000000000
00000000

At the EOF remove this chunck into .HDR (last 4 Bytes)
48061D24


This is Starting Offset Bios .ROM (12 bytes)
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF

This is Ending Offset Bios .ROM (You find FC 00)
FC00

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)