Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 717
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107566
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1311
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3533
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9176
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8716
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425611
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227502
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119695
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310569
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

Dell Studio XPS 1640
#1
Would it be possible to unlock the bios for my dell studio xps 1640?

This is the link to the dell site where the latest bios can be downloaded:
http://support.dell.com/support/download...eid=453946
find
quote
#2
Thanks for the request, I shall have a look and get back to you shortly.


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
(09-21-2011, 06:37 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Thanks for the request, I shall have a look and get back to you shortly.

That was quick! Thanks... I also posted in the CPU support Upgrades. I hope my request there does not conflict with this one.
find
quote
#4
do you see the tab called ADVANCED !
there is alot of hidden options and i will unlock it and move it to new tab called INTEL .
the bios will be ready tomorrow .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#5
(09-21-2011, 07:22 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: do you see the tab called ADVANCED !
there is alot of hidden options and i will unlock it and move it to new tab called INTEL .
the bios will be ready tomorrow .

Wow! I can't believe you got it! Thank you so much, I can't wait. I know this isn't the place for it but I would really like to be able to use a Q9100 Core 2 Quad with this laptop. I know the chipset supports it but I think the dell bios either blocks it or does not support it. Would I be able to submit your custom bios in the cpu support upgrades section?
find
quote
#6
yes , after i unlock it then post it in the cpu upgrades section for adding the new cpu support .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#7
(09-21-2011, 07:35 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: yes , after i unlock it then post it in the cpu upgrades section for adding the new cpu support .

Awesome... Thank you for your help.

find
quote
#8
here is your unlocked bios with new INTEL and ADVANCED tabs which contains alot of options .

http://www.mediafire.com/?u89ep8pkxyppd3k

i will wait your reply after flashing it .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#9
(09-22-2011, 12:58 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: here is your unlocked bios with new INTEL and ADVANCED tabs which contains alot of options .

http://www.mediafire.com/?u89ep8pkxyppd3k

i will wait your reply after flashing it .

The bios works! Lots of stuff unlocked. I could not get winphlash to work from windows though. It kept saying it could not load a particular driver. I've had a similar issue before because I upgraded my memory and dell blocked the ability to update bios and use other software like quickset unless I used their memory. I renamed the bios in the package to bios.rom and made a dos package on a usb stick which I had to do before just to get from the A14 to the A15 bios. Thank you for your assistance.
find
quote
#10
thanks alot for your feed back .
i will move the thread to unlocked section .
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)