Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: jabbari74
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 1732
» Views: 547477
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (83ETxxWW...
Last Post: lucasow
Today 03:02 AM
» Replies: 315
» Views: 194272
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
Yesterday 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 246838
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
Yesterday 12:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 114
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
04-26-2024 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25592
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
04-26-2024 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 148030
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
04-26-2024 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59292
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
04-26-2024 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 32017
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58303
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 164
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 917
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-25-2024 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 665757
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 209
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55674
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 190
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 172
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 183
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 70440

Hp ECS MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2)
whoever unlocked this THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!!! it works perfectly all u need to do is overclock it to desired speed than save and restart. After restart it won't overclock yet. shutdown and unplug the power wait 10 secs than plug in and its overclocked. THANKS AGAIN FOR UNLOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Credit goes to TheWiz Big Grin
find
Hi, I followed the Guide at http://www.biosmods.com/showthread.php?tid=215 ,
I have done every steps exactly described in the thread, but failed,

the modbin6 could reopen the bin file, but after I flashed the bin file to the borard, the board will not boot up, just black screen

what version of the modbin6 you are using?
My one is 2.01.02

thanks!

TheWiz: If every step was done correctly, the result would've probably been much different. Asking questions before flashing is strongly advised.
find
thats right

However , i hope you took note of my comment below the guide

Press save only once otherwise it corrupts every time

Also , modbin6 doesnt always manage to save the bios correctly , around 5% of the time it corrupts it. As a general guideline , open the bios after modding again with modbin 6. If modbin cant open it DONT FLASH IT

Regards
Admin
find
If you weren't able to create the modded BIOS why didn't you use the one posted on the forum. It really baffles me that someone would risk not having enough experience, and just decided to give it a go with a corrupt BIOS. Although Ill help you recover, I just can't believe that you wouldn't use the one already completed. Its known as reinventing the wheel. Try these instructions:

Attach a floppy drive to the computer. Then go to bootdisk.com and create a windows 98 boot disk. If you have a DOS disk lying around this will also work. Then delete the config.sys file. If you can't see this file the make sure you can see hidden files in windows. Then if there is no config.sys file on your boot disk, open the file autoexec with notepad. Then delete anything that is in there and copy and save these lines:

@ECHO OFF
@AWDFLASH BIOSFILE.BIN /cc /py /sn /r

Take note that when you save it make sure the extension is a .bat, not a .txt. Replace the name BIOSFILE.BIN with the name of the modded bios save. Then copy the modded bios to the floppy disk with awdflash.exe and make sure the award flasher is named awdflash.exe. After, if your computer is booting drives, it should automatically pick up the floppy and reflash the bios a second time. You will see floppy activity.

I don't mean to get angry, but thinking about doing such projects is normally done, and I appreciate people consulting before they destroy there Computer and come begging for help

TheWiz
www find
thewiz, thanks your reply, I am sorry, I did not mention that I have a backup bios chips that I could swap it if the flash is failed, also, I know how to recover the bios, anyway, I appreciate your reply...

actualy, the reason that I modify the bios by myself just because one option that I want to change, here is the detail http://www.biosmods.com/showthread.php?tid=289

hope you could help me to modify it!
thanks!

(07-29-2009, 11:46 AM)TheWiz Wrote: If you weren't able to create the modded BIOS why didn't you use the one posted on the forum. It really baffles me that someone would risk not having enough experience, and just decided to give it a go with a corrupt BIOS. Although Ill help you recover, I just can't believe that you wouldn't use the one already completed. Its known as reinventing the wheel. Try these instructions:

Attach a floppy drive to the computer. Then go to bootdisk.com and create a windows 98 boot disk. If you have a DOS disk lying around this will also work. Then delete the config.sys file. If you can't see this file the make sure you can see hidden files in windows. Then if there is no config.sys file on your boot disk, open the file autoexec with notepad. Then delete anything that is in there and copy and save these lines:

@ECHO OFF
@AWDFLASH BIOSFILE.BIN /cc /py /sn /r

Take note that when you save it make sure the extension is a .bat, not a .txt. Replace the name BIOSFILE.BIN with the name of the modded bios save. Then copy the modded bios to the floppy disk with awdflash.exe and make sure the award flasher is named awdflash.exe. After, if your computer is booting drives, it should automatically pick up the floppy and reflash the bios a second time. You will see floppy activity.

I don't mean to get angry, but thinking about doing such projects is normally done, and I appreciate people consulting before they destroy there Computer and come begging for help

TheWiz
find
Hey guys, I just joined this forum because I have always wanted to overclock my HP a6030n ever since the first day I got it and wasnt able to find the settings anywhere in the BIOS. I just read through this whole thread and was wondering if you guys also have the a6030n and if not where i could go to get the BIOS file so that I can edit it to allow me to overclock. Should I just get the latest one from HP and work off of that one or is there another one that I should be using?

Thanks for any help in advance, you have no clue how much this means to me.
find
On the forum, go to Unlocked award Bioses, HP, and you will see Unlocked Nettle2 BIOS. This has the lastest bios version and has overclocknig options. Please verify that your motherboard is a nettle2, it is in the a6130n. I do believe you have this board, and my mod has been confirmed to work by three people. This forum is for adding a fan mod, and is unrelated to the overclocking features that youre seeking.

Hope this helps,

TheWiz
www find
Do you think this mod will work for my board? mcp61pm-am. I looked at all the other threads concerning this board and didnt come up with a "proven" modded bios. I too and looking to do a little oc'ing. The features are apparently "there" but they are in hidden menu trees that i can't see in the advanced bios section.

Computer: Gateway GT5482e
find
I think it will, eventhough the answer comes a little late, there are several other threads discussing 'bout this board and similar ones all build @ foxconn for ECS who sold them as MCP61PM-HM, MCP61PM-RM, MCP61PM-AM, MCP61SM-PM, MCP61SM-AM, MCP61SM-HM and MCP61GM-M...
We will soon be restarting some development on this board to get to some proven final-BIOS-versions. For now there are an opnened-up biostar-BIOS and an opened-up abit-BIOS in working-fine-status so if you find them you can test them! Wink
I was wondering when I talked to a german ECS-technician yesterday, he showed me a MCP61-BIOS via vnc wich was looking like HP's BIOS but with some more functions and abilities and it was stable. He told me 'bout a little tiny programming suite wich can edit the look and feel of every award-BIOS, does anyone know about something like this??

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find