NEWS AND UPDATES

• BIOS-Mods.com is now HTTPS enabled! Click here to start an HTTPS session. Thread pages still are http only, will be updated shortly
  • We have updated our Wiki navigation and have started publishing new modification tutorials. Visit the wiki here
  • User BDMaster has been upgraded to a top contributor, Congratulations!
Positive SSL on a transparent background

Forum RSS FeedFollow @ TwitterFollow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REQ: SLIC 2.1 mod for HP Compaq 6710s
09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
REQ: SLIC 2.1 mod for HP Compaq 6710s
hi, i've posted before but i guess your mysql db crashed, anyways i have an HP Compaq 6710s with slic 2.0, i need 2.1 to activate windows 7, none of the cracks/loaders work ;/

here is the bios :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...ob-67816-1

hope it's modable.

thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Login or Register to remove this ad

09-06-2009, 09:59 PM
RE: REQ: SLIC 2.1 mod for HP Compaq 6710s
Hi Mate

First , i would like to apologise for the downtime , we had to move hosts several times as some were far too slow!

This is one of the more difficult HP bioses , as it cant be opened in any tools that work for other bioses , so i had to use a hex editor Tongue

Found HP 2.0 SLIc there already and removed it , replaced with HP 2.1 SLIC

Dont know if thats all that was needed but you can try this:-

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/747181/HP%206...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Kind Regards
Admin

[Image: adminsig.jpg]

I will not be held responsible for anything that may go wrong with your BIOS, and by downloading a modded bios you are held responsible for what you choose to do with it. Big Grin

Looking for a whitelist disabled HP bios?
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-20-2009, 04:26 PM
RE: REQ: SLIC 2.1 mod for HP Compaq 6710s
Is posible use this bios on HP Compaq 6710b?
12-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Star RE: REQ: SLIC 2.1 mod for HP Compaq 6710s
(11-20-2009 04:26 PM)monta990 Wrote:  Is posible use this bios on HP Compaq 6710b?

No point to try it even. There is "write protection" of known area (different in some of the PC's) of the BIOS flash, which keeps the old values of the SLIC marker even after "successful" flashing. By the way your machune and some others with similar BIOS'es (i.e. series 8710) has double SLIC markers. You will be able to overwrite the first one but unfortunately the BIOS reads the second one, so your BIOS will remain SLIC 2.0.
There is a place where those "difficult" BIOS'es have been discussed in months already - still no solution except flashing the BIOS using general purpose SPI programmer. You need some professional equipment and good skils ofr soldering/desoldering the BIOS chip.

As I said, no solution yet, but we all still have the hope Shy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
BIOS-Mods Member Chat
To join us in the community live chat, please register or login.