Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424437
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224466
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61960
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169269
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

[Removed] Acer Aspire One AO722, BIOS V1.04 no_whitelist
#11
(09-02-2011, 12:49 AM)KirillV Wrote: So I recently found out that when your computer whitelists something, it does so as a bootup message in BIOS, rather than blocking the card's use during a session within Windows 7. I've always been able to start up my OS with the wireless card in the PCI slot.
It's strange though; any intel software I tried to install for the longest time would crash my computer, but after the BIOS mod by camiloml, it doesn't do it anymore. Maybe it did have something to do with the whitelist after all, but I can't be certain.

I have the option to decrease boot time enabled. It skips some checks during the BIOS check, so maybe turning that on will have it catch something it doesn't like.

So anyways, I put vinyl electrical tape on the correct pin like it is described in alhaz's post, and other than giving me some weird errors, the card still didn't work.

So then I decided to uninstall the driver that the card was running on; I had a suspicion that it wasn't fully installed because the last time I tried to install the driver, my computer blue screened and crashed.

Now that any software that I try to install from intel doesn't crash, I wanted to try to re-install the driver on the network adapter. I uninstalled the maybe-corrupt driver on it, and after trying to reinstall the driver using the appropriate software from intel, nothing happened.

I went to uninstall my intel PROwireless software which crashed at the end of the installation before the BIOS mod. Strange thing was, that it didn't show up in the control panel add/remove programs list...

So I just installed PROwireless again and it works fine now. I ran the manual diagnostics hardware check and it gives me an error message saying "Driver version does not support Intel ProSet/Wireless Wifi Software version 13.5.0.0"

Then I tried to use Windows Update to install the driver, it gave me a strange error message right after it says installing software: "The style of the INF is different than what was requested." Another odd discrepancy occurred here; in my device manager my card is listed as "Network Controller" but in the error message it gives the full name of the card; Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN.

I found out from forums on tomshardware that it supposedly just means that your regional settings aren't set correctly. I checked, and yep, everything is in English and United States.

I'm pretty confused. What could possibly not be allowing the card not to work???

I have a similar issue. I'm using an Acer AO722 model610 - which has the new AMD C60 turbo APU. I purchased the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 and installed it. The netbook POSTs, however it hangs while loading Windows 7 x64. I tried to do a fresh install and again it hangs. I'm able to get into SAFE MODE without networking, that's about it. Anyone have any ideas?
find
#12
it seems to be intel measures against amd based computers, that new intel wlan cards seems to be incompatible with amd chipset.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#13
Same problem. I bought that Aspire One 722 and swapped stock card with Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200.
The adapter is detected, drivers are installed ok, but it's not working. Device manager says:

The device cannot start. (Code 10)

Firs I thought that card is defective and ordered 6230. Good thing that I found this thread so I cancelled my order of 6230 card.
camiloml, please tell, was there any whitelist actually? It's not clear whether this model has any limitations on cards you can install.
find
#14
The whitelist is removed, the issue is incompatibility at chipset level intentionally made by Intel in its new WWAN cards.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)