Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6373
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14013
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424510
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3628
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 318
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224653
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6795
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 420
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309761
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 632
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20288
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169391
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6361
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 836

[REQUEST] Unlocking Vaio PhoenixBIOS R0174J3
#1
Hello,

I have Sony Vaio VGN-FE31Z.
BIOS ver. R0174J3

My main problem is that my notebook cannot use more than 3GB of RAM. Could You make custom BIOS that supports up to 4GB (2x2GB)

FE31Z is based on Mobile Intel ® 945PM Express Chipset and it can address up to 4GB.

It would be nice also if You make additional advenced options ie. cas latencies, memory speed, cpu speed).

Thanks.
kieliszek
find
quote
#2
Please provide a link to the BIOS download, you can find this on the manufacturers website, but also the chipset is 4gb maximum but the chipset depending on your graphics card will reserve memory for that and if you use x86 32bit os then you'll only get 3/3.25gb of ram used. what graphics card do you have?

Thanks.

find
quote
#3
Here's the link:
Code:
http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/info/info.aspx?l=pl_PL&url=Downloads/PH/B/SYS/PHBSYS-01101529-UN.exe&m=VGN-FE31Z&ip=PHBSYS-01101529-UN.htm

Or an attachment.
By the way my notebook has dedicated gf7600 go. And I have Win7 x64. So I will be able to use more than 3,25 GB.

Thanks for reply.
kieliszek


Attached Files
.rar   bios.rar (Size: 840.23 KB / Downloads: 70)
find
quote
#4
I can`t mod the bios for addressing more that 3GB and memory remap will not fix this as well .
I guess TOLUD register is responsible for this but i haven`t checked for where is this register and how to set it .
I`m sorry for this .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#5
Thank you Ahmed for a try.
find
quote
#6
Hi All,
This is my laptop original bios download link form Sony official site.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product...29-UN_2831

I am trying to set my DRAM frequency 333 Mhz.
My ChipSet: 945PM, CPU: T7200, RAM is PC2-5300 DDR2 667Mhz.
but CPU-Z says at memory tab; DRAM Frequency 266! and FSBBig GrinRAM 5:8
I need change to FSBBig GrinRAM 1:2..
current system memory clock ratio 1.6 but it must change to 2.0

I hope, if you can unlock this bios then this feature will be enable..
Of course I will accept to new suggestions...

Thanks for interest.




Attached Files
.jpg   FE11H.JPG (Size: 100.21 KB / Downloads: 23)
find
quote
#7
Normally , there no options for overclocking in notebooks as the frequency option only make the notebook unbootable when adjusted .
I will look to see if there are any other options .
Thank you,
Ahmed


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#8
Hello again,

after couple of months I'm trying again to gain more than 3GB. I opened my ROM with Phoenix BIOS Editor and I found in Bios Configuration Parameters-System one string called Big Memory Mode. It's value is 00 and description says Memory Report NON-DOS Mode.

Maybe it's responsible for not recognizing more than 3GB of RAM?
find
quote
#9
Hi,
I need virtualization to be enabled, processor T2300 supports it but sony locked this functionality.
model il VGN-FE28B which has a Mobile Intel 945PM Express chipset, an intel T2300 @1.66, 2GB RAM, and I use an OCZ SSD vertex 2

The first attempt I made was to use SYMCMOS.EXE to manually set bios register
0195 from 0000 to 0001 (as reported in many other forums), without succeding.

Also, I managed to unlock AHCI feature by setting register 0F6 from 0000 to 0001
this worked.

I need VT to run virtual machines (for my bachelors' thesis).

MY REQUEST IS: UNLOCK HIDDEN MENU and/or VIRTUALIZATION

as I saw in the "Sony VAIO VGN-FE44S, FE45G, FE45T, FE47S, FE48G BIOS MOD (Post #8)" thread,
I would like a bios like that (especially the enable/disable Virtualization Technology option)

Thanks in advance. Smile

I attached my present bios which I just backed up with the program in the guide.

ps. (I tried to flash the R0200J3 bios provided in the mentioned thread but since models are different it did not even flashed it)


Attached Files
.rom   VNGFE28B-R0200J3.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 42)
find
quote
#10
UP Angel

Huh anyone has any Idea?

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)