Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424294
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3591
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224164
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119145
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61945
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6307
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5770
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61160

[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g7-1000 (Intel) Whitelist Removal
#1
Question 
I just bought my g7-1084nr, the first upgrade I did was ram and wireless card. I currently have bcm4313gn card installed. I checked with HP and in my manual to see which cards I could upgrade to. I went with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230, but since I didn't purchase it from HP the whitelist is preventing it from working. If I could get a modded bios update for the InsydeH20 to remove this tyrant whitelist, and use my new card. I will gladly support with a donation equal to the cost of the wireless card I'm installing. Just to keep from hp getting my money for one of their cards. Can you please help me? I will gladly test and post results and my quick brick recovery if needed. Angry

the link to the original bios file is
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55451.exe:
find
quote
#2
I am new to Bios working, I recently purchased Pavilion G7-1084nr, I also purchased new wireless card in order to upgrade the wireless. The card is listed in my manual as supported by my system, but since i didn't buy it from HP, it's reading as incompatible. Could someone please help me remove the whitelist, I will support and will post results.

computer: HP Pavilion G7-1084nr

dual boot OS: Windows 7 home premium 64bit

Bios: F.41 (vendor: Insyde)

Current Card: Broadcom bc4313gn
Replacement Card: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230

Bios driver link (F.41) : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55451.exe
find
quote
#3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#4
Question 
Thanks Camilo for the fast reply. I don't mean to be a nuisance but, I don't really have any experience with Bios files, I'm mainly a pen-tester and ethical hacker. I just wanted to confirm the process of flashing with the file you provided.

I see it is an executable file, do I just run the file like anything else and let it do it's thing just like a bios update. Or is there some certain program I need to install to launch it with. Thanks for your patience and awesome BIOS knowledge !
find
quote
#5
If you have HP_TOOLS partition on your hd rename it to other than HP_TOOLS then just run the exe and let it do the work.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
Flashed with the modified BIOS above, everything went smooth until the restart. Once the pc restarted it only displayed black screen, acted like it was trying to boot, but after about 10 mins nothing happened.
find
quote
#7
Take this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/HP-Reco...ackard.exe

and this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/HP-Reco...p55451.exe

Then format a pendrive in FAT32 and name it HP_TOOLS

unpack first file on root

unpack second file into Hewlett-Packard folder overwritting the BIOS folder.

Plug it into the laptop and power it on.

Wait and tell me Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
Oh, I meant the white list removal mod didn't take. On the restart after the flash, just displayed black screen for about 10 mins.

The recovery USB files you prepared for me worked perfect (and thank you for that), and then I flashed once more with latest bios from HP.

Any suggestions on the whitelist removal, and also my bios is RSA signed, am I stuck with it? If I am out of luck, is there a hardware upgrade I could do to my laptop to support more wifi cards and maybe make it more flexible?

thanx in advance
find
quote
#9
I can try to do the patch again a different way and maybe it does not brick.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#10
whatever you think, if you want to fool with it, no big deal if you don't, I'll never buy another HP though those corporate pigs suck
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)