Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: kylewww
Today 03:57 PM
» Replies: 156
» Views: 54485
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: Spacoom
Today 09:09 AM
» Replies: 146
» Views: 58413
[REQUEST] Unlocked BIOS for Gigabyte H51...
Last Post: IsHacker
Today 05:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Mireknej
Today 05:20 AM
» Replies: 877
» Views: 289152
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Crazy tech
Yesterday 09:51 PM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 42915
Analyze java class System Identifier cod...
Last Post: Hasan jeet
Yesterday 03:44 PM
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: sscdimon
Yesterday 01:53 PM
» Replies: 471
» Views: 132945
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: cpih
Yesterday 12:03 PM
» Replies: 846
» Views: 329042
Delete Whitelist HP 15s-eq1000
Last Post: gdefareins
Yesterday 09:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 183
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y470 & Y570 (47CNxxWW) ...
Last Post: jabbari74
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 18210
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (83ETxxWW...
Last Post: lucasow
Yesterday 03:02 AM
» Replies: 315
» Views: 194614
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
04-27-2024 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 264
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-27-2024 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 247308
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
04-27-2024 12:12 AM
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
04-26-2024 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 26006
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
04-26-2024 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 148678
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
04-26-2024 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59548
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
04-26-2024 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 183
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 32159
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58600

How do I add Voltage settings to my bios? (Asus P5K SE)
Wouldn't what "Break AHCI"? Generally answering here, since I'm not sure what you mean, but you can't "Break AHCI" that only can happen with RAID Arrays.

I can put any microcode you want into BIOS, so doesn't matter if it's there by default or not. But yes, I checked, it's there same as your other board has it, but they both have not correct microcodes in there for 771 platform - I'd mod in the correct and latest ones for 775 and 771

That program is AMIBCP 3.51

Sorry, I don't know what kodakey page means? If this is site you originally read the method on, find in google cache, or give me link to it form your history and I will find it for you on some cache. Methods to do that vary, depending on your skills, and what hardware you have or do not have (flash programmer, or no?) It can be done many ways, via BIOS edit to BIOS ID Tags, or forced in with AFU, or by programmer etc, best to read the method you found though because they surely posted the best/easier way so others could do it too.

Not all USB 3 sticks can work in USB2 ports, especially at the "Within BIOS level" and especially on older motherboards like this.
By USB Spec it should though, but you know how "It should work" goes Big Grin Should be backwards compatible, like PCIE 3.0 etc
find
(05-25-2019, 02:37 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Wouldn't what "Break AHCI"?  Generally answering here, since I'm not sure what you mean, but you can't "Break AHCI" that only can happen with RAID Arrays.

I can put any microcode you want into BIOS, so doesn't matter if it's there by default or not.  But yes, I checked, it's there same as your other board has it, but they both have not correct microcodes in there for 771 platform - I'd mod in the correct and latest ones for 775 and 771

That program is AMIBCP 3.51

Sorry, I don't know what kodakey page means?  If this is site you originally read the method on, find in google cache, or give me link to it form your history and I will find it for you on some cache.  Methods to do that vary, depending on your skills, and what hardware you have or do not have (flash programmer, or no?)  It can be done many ways, via BIOS edit to BIOS ID Tags, or forced in with AFU, or by programmer etc, best to read the method you found though because they surely posted the best/easier way so others could do it too.

Not all USB 3 sticks can work in USB2 ports, especially at the "Within BIOS level" and especially on older motherboards like this.  
By USB Spec it should though, but you know how "It should work" goes Big Grin  Should be backwards compatible, like PCIE 3.0 etc

Well, i would like to stay away from removing the bios chip.
That only if necessery (like a brick and yes i got programmer in case of such thing).
Kodakey site is here (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-s...os-not-EPU).
My USB 3 stick shows in bios but cannot boot from it and disappears from list after restart.
Can you put the Xeon E5450 (E0 Stepping, SLBBM) microcode and tell me how i can flash that p5kr bios (possibly with software)?
By Break AHCI i mean that it would disappear from settings or Sata configuration change back to IDE.
find
BIOS chip doesn't have to be removed for any process, except when using flash programmer you pop it out to put in programmer, but if you didn't want to your board may have SPI header pins which you could connect to programmer instead of putting chip into it. However, I'm betting the process outlined in that thread does not involve programmer, that just makes it easier if you have one. They only cost $2.50

Booting from USB 3, that all depends on how you've formatted the USB stick and what is in the BIOS as far as USB related drivers. It's probably possible if you format it to FAT32 / MBR partition and then make bootable via various methods.

Yes, any time you reflash BIOS, if IDE is the default setting that will be what it is until you change it to AHCI, that's not broken that's normal thing with any BIOS flash and any setting you change away from it's default.

However, if you meant normal P5KR does not have AHCI setting due to you had to mod yours to have AHCI, I checked and it has AHCI option by default (not set as default, I can't check that, only can tell it's there as a choice)

Kodakey simply use ES AFU version (w/ GAN command), this mentioned at post #9 here by Koda himself (Tool just repackage it all, make batch files etc, to make it easier for many user to use) - And to me it looks more complicated that way, easier to just make DOS bootable USB and put BIOS and AFU DOS ES there, and flash
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...shing-Tool

So yes, I can make you package with update microcodes 775/771 and show you how to flash it with tool I will include.
Here is how to make DOS Bootable USB, use normal UISB 2 stick since you have issues with USB3 - Win98 SE USB Boot (Follow steps 1-4 to create bootable USB)
https://www.win-raid.com/t3756f16-lt-Req...l#msg53541
BIOS mod will be coming shortly.

* Edit, here is mod BIOS package, please read the included change log for info and instructions
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...2328027922
find
(05-25-2019, 05:23 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: BIOS chip doesn't have to be removed for any process, except when using flash programmer you pop it out to put in programmer, but if you didn't want to your board may have SPI header pins which you could connect to programmer instead of putting chip into it.  However, I'm betting the process outlined in that thread does not involve programmer, that just makes it easier if you have one. They only cost $2.50

Booting from USB 3, that all depends on how you've formatted the USB stick and what is in the BIOS as far as USB related drivers.  It's probably possible if you format it to FAT32 / MBR partition and then make bootable via various methods.

Yes, any time you reflash BIOS, if IDE is the default setting that will be what it is until you change it to AHCI, that's not broken that's normal thing with any BIOS flash and any setting you change away from it's default.

However, if you meant normal P5KR does not have AHCI setting due to you had to mod yours to have AHCI, I checked and it has AHCI option by default (not set as default, I can't check that, only can tell it's there as a choice)

Kodakey simply use ES AFU version (w/ GAN command), this mentioned at post #9 here by Koda himself (Tool just repackage it all, make batch files etc, to make it easier for many user to use) - And to me it looks more complicated that way, easier to just make DOS bootable USB and put BIOS and AFU DOS ES there, and flash
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...shing-Tool

So yes, I can make you package with update microcodes 775/771 and show you how to flash it with tool I will include.
Here is how to make DOS Bootable USB, use normal UISB 2 stick since you have issues with USB3 - Win98 SE USB Boot (Follow steps 1-4 to create bootable USB)
https://www.win-raid.com/t3756f16-lt-Req...l#msg53541
BIOS mod will be coming shortly.

* Edit, here is mod BIOS package, please read the included change log for info and instructions
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...2328027922
Thanks for that, one more last question, in the changelog you mentioned 2 ways to flash bios.. Should i use the second method directly? (Asking to be sure)
find
You're welcome! Yes, you have to use Force Flash method, since you are crossflashing BIOS from another board.
Sorry about that, I shouldn't have added the regular method anyway, I didn't even add the usual block flags to it's command either
find
(05-25-2019, 08:39 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome!  Yes, you have to use Force Flash method, since you are crossflashing BIOS from another board.
Sorry about that, I shouldn't have added the regular method anyway, I didn't even add the usual block flags to it's command either

Alright, after i flash (soon) i will write if i got the new voltage controls. I wanted to give you +1 but the rate option is broken for me Sad
find
Thank you! Yes, reputation has been broken for me too, very long time now!

If this is your only motherboard, you may want to wait until you have flash programmer (CH341A) in your hands, in case it's bad BIOS flash.
find
(05-25-2019, 10:06 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thank you!  Yes, reputation has been broken for me too, very long time now!

If this is your only motherboard, you may want to wait until you have flash programmer (CH341A) in your hands, in case it's bad BIOS flash.

I got flash programmer (CH341A) already in case of such thing. I must ask you one more thing... In the change log text file i noticed "biosname.bin" while the bios file you sent me is in .rom, should i rename it and flash?
find
(05-25-2019, 10:06 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thank you!  Yes, reputation has been broken for me too, very long time now!

Does the .rom and .bin make difference?
find
When i typed: AFU236U.exe /iBios.rom /GAN
I got response: usage afudos /i [/o(save ROM filename)]
find