Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424325
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 260
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 289
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224231
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119154
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309643
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169221
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6313
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 807
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61168

AMD Radeon PRO V340 mini displayport signal output
#1
Hello everyone, I am trying to convert an AMD Radeon PRO V340 to a desktop card so that I may use it either as a regular gaming or workstation card. I have provided proper cooling so that it idles at around 40 degrees celsius. I have found some interesting reports on other forums like overclokcers, reddit and level1techs that this card can be flashed with a vega56 or wx8200 bios in order to make it work with their specific official drivers.

I have used a ch341a usb bios tool in order to properly flash a vega56 or wx8200 bios onto that card but unfortunately I am unable to output signal from the card to the monitor I have. The only way that I may use the card is by passthrough to the integrated gpu of the ryzen cpu that I am using right now.  One thing is certain, the flashing method works and the gpu is gaming capable but no signal from its own connector... 

The AMD Adrenalin software properly detects and uses the card with the flashed bios but no signal output from the card's own display port.  Could it be that it needs a special monitor ? I now have a lenovo monitor with a display port connector and I use a mini displayport to displayport cable in order to connect the V340. The custom Radeon Indonesian Community Drivers (R ID) properly installs the gpu with the original bios of the card without any modification but still no display output.

I would like to know if anyone here has tried modifying a video card bios in order to make certain features available. Or if I anyone could point me in the right direction to find a software that may help me with this endeavour. I have opened .rom bios files for the vega56, wx8200 and original V340 with a hexeditor but I am unable to properly read the translated text
find
quote
#2
Hi, I also got this card recently and I use it for gaming but with the original BIOS. When flashing the BIOS to a Vega 56 or WX 8200, temperatures spike higher than normal—I've already run the tests. In my opinion, it's better to stick with the stock BIOS. Here is a link where I'm running some game performance benchmarks, I hope it helps! https://youtu.be/mXp5RVoW120
find
quote
#3
(06-10-2026, 12:27 PM)will1182 Wrote: Hi, I also got this card recently and I use it for gaming but with the original BIOS. When flashing the BIOS to a Vega 56 or WX 8200, temperatures spike higher than normal—I've already run the tests. In my opinion, it's better to stick with the stock BIOS. Here is a link where I'm running some game performance benchmarks, I hope it helps! https://youtu.be/mXp5RVoW120

Please mention here how you are using this graphics card for gaming with the stock bios, because I also want to use the stock bios in windows 11 but I am unable to properly use it as a standalone card. No matter what drivers or bios I use, I am unable to output signal to a monitor through the mini displayport. Could you please write here what cpu, motherboard, powersource, monitor and displayport cable you are using ? Also have you used some specific bios settings in order to make it work ?

I want to use the mini displayport of the graphics card but I am unable to do so. I can only passthrough the signal to the integrated gpu in order to game on it. Please provide more details related to your setup and settings.

Also, please provide information on the cooling system that you are using.
find
quote
#4
In this post, I explain what I did to be able to game with the Radeon Pro V340. https://www.overclockers.com/forums/thre...ng.809117/
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)