Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424120
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3551
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223707
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119093
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6734
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309485
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20213
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169133
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5732
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61102
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274942

ASUS X99-E WS and INTEL ES QHVK (ES 2630v4)
#1
I have an asus x99-e ws motherboard, an asus x99 deluxe, and an msi x99a carbon. I'm trying to use an ES cpu QHVK. All motherboards boot into the bios with this cpu. The asus motherboards have to have the bios reset every time I want to boot., otherwise they throw POST code 19 (cpu error). Msi's works fine for the cpu, but it doesnt support rdimms. ASUS supports rdimms on both motherboard, but has a problem with the cpu.

I need help making the asus bios accept ES cpus. The microcode is already there, and the cpu works as long as I never reboot, but when the bios config gets saved, it saves the wrong cpu or something so you have to reset the bios in order to reboot.

How do I view the saved config directly from the bios chip? Can we fix asus's bios code to match msi's? How do you read the actual code?
Looking forward to your responses, and thank you in advance.

WIP, help needed -> X99 DELUXE / QHZE 16C/32T@2GHz / 128GB RDIMM / GTX 1070 / IODRIVE 2 785GB / 600W
find
quote
#2
Try to flash first version of BIOS.
find
quote
#3
Question 
(10-01-2021, 12:11 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash first version of BIOS.
That was the first thing I tried. The very first version doesn't have the microcode for this cpu, but the first version that does, behaves the same. It's just an issue with how asus bioses handle engineering samples. There are several threads on multiple forums that demonstrate this unknown issue, but they all end before anyone even considers fixing the problem. I'd like to remedy that, but all the tools I've found to work with uefi are only good to update microcode or add oproms and such. My guess is since the CPU display name is "genuine intel 0000" -which is shared by most ES CPUs- the bios grabs the first cpu with that name and can't make it work.

Therefore:
How do I compare the saved configuration to another board's?
Are there any higher-level utilities for decompiling and editing code?
Could I add a proper name to the microcode?

I'd also love to change the color scheme on some, but again, no luck finding anything on making more hardcore modifications. I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

WIP, help needed -> X99 DELUXE / QHZE 16C/32T@2GHz / 128GB RDIMM / GTX 1070 / IODRIVE 2 785GB / 600W
find
quote
#4
Looks like I'm just going to trial and error with UEFItool and hexeditor until I get far enough along to pique the interest of someone more qualified, or I figure it out myself. POST code 19 appears to be CPU setup in the Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI) phase according to the AMI 5.x status codes pdf (0x13 | Pre-memory CPU initialization (CPU module specific)), which lines up with my hypothesis. Time to open a hundred tabs.

WIP, help needed -> X99 DELUXE / QHZE 16C/32T@2GHz / 128GB RDIMM / GTX 1070 / IODRIVE 2 785GB / 600W
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)