Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 66
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424302
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3592
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224169
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119148
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61947
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6309
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5771
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61160

Acer Aspire 5552 - Bios Issue!
#1
A few weeks ago I closed my laptop like normal and next morning it did not start again, just a black screen, it doesn't boot and all it does is turn the blue light from the power button and the other laptop leds and the fan like normal for a few seconds and then reduce it to minimum and stay like that with the black screen doing nothing and I have reasons to think that the bios is the problem and I did all I could to find the issue and that's the only thing that remains and I want to flash a new one.. the problem is that I had never done that and I'm a complete newbie in this domain.

What I want to ask you guys is a step by step guide to flash my new bios.
I have an acer aspire 5552 and I've downloaded the bios from here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers just put "Aspire 5552" in the "Search by Product Model" bar and it will show up. The problem is that I don't know what to do next and all I know is that I need a USB STICK for flashing and that I need to press FN+ESC to start it.

Please help, thanks!
find
quote
#2
(04-20-2014, 10:41 AM)potatochip Wrote: A few weeks ago my I closed my laptop like normal and next morning it did not start again, just a black screen, it doesn't boot and all it does is turn the blue light from the power button and the other laptop leds and the fan like normal for a few seconds and then reduce it to minimum and stay like that with the black screen doing nothing and I have reasons to think that the bios is the problem and I did all I could to find the issue and that's the only thing that remains and I want to flash a new one.. the problem is that I had never done that and I'm a complete newbie in this domain.

What I want to ask you guys is a step by step guide to flash my new bios.
I have an acer aspire 5552 and I've downloaded the bios from here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers just put "Aspire 5552" in the "Search by Product Model" bar and it will show up. The problem is that I don't know what to do next and all I know is that I need a USB STICK for flashing and that I need to press FN+ESC to start it.

Please help, thanks!

Acer Aspire 5551 - G - 5552 - G : Same Mobo - same Bios

Hi friend,
The Recovery Procedure is descripted below here and You Bios Recovery Name is BIOS.fd like PMTool shown :

EFI / Insyde BIOS
Recovery filenames are:

BIOS.fd

SLIC header found in 7E374E25-8E01-4FEE-87F2-390C23C606CD_851.ROM at 0
Pubkey found in A4DAF672-CA80-47CE-8A85-DEF54F618AD3_1092.ROM at 0
Marker found in BAA2731F-B5C7-478B-82CE-09A41C6A3BA7_1098.ROM at 0
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_858.ROM at 340
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_858.ROM at BD1
OEM/Table IDs identified are:
1. INSYDEAMD CRB
2. ACRSYSACRPRDCT
8325948F-03E7-468E-96D8-7A8639AA8B54_1104.ROM is an empty module of 156 bytes
A4E128E7-3D90-4BAA-B6C9-714C6B95AF40_1110.ROM is an empty module of 182 bytes
Header (INSYDEAMD CRB SLIC) (x1)
Pubkey (x1)
Marker (2.1) (ACRSYSACRPRDCT) (x1)

Here Bios File renamed for Recovery Mode :

http://rghost.net/54439110

Recovery Procedure :

- Format USB in Dos Fat32 and copy file BIOS.FD into
- Shutdown the netbook (notebook)
- Remove all peripheral devices
- Remove battery, Remove AC power cord
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds (battery and AC power still out), then release
- Put the USB Memory Stick in the USB port
- Hold "Fn" + "Esc" and plug the AC power cord in
- Now press the power button (whilst still holding Fn + Esc).
Wait until the fan will run, then release "Fn" + "Esc" keys
- The fan will run for about 2-10 minutes and the USB drive activity LED will blink
- I think the netbook rebooted automatically. If it doesn't, unplug the AC power cord once the fan has turned off

So try and let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(04-20-2014, 11:06 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(04-20-2014, 10:41 AM)potatochip Wrote: A few weeks ago my I closed my laptop like normal and next morning it did not start again, just a black screen, it doesn't boot and all it does is turn the blue light from the power button and the other laptop leds and the fan like normal for a few seconds and then reduce it to minimum and stay like that with the black screen doing nothing and I have reasons to think that the bios is the problem and I did all I could to find the issue and that's the only thing that remains and I want to flash a new one.. the problem is that I had never done that and I'm a complete newbie in this domain.

What I want to ask you guys is a step by step guide to flash my new bios.
I have an acer aspire 5552 and I've downloaded the bios from here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers just put "Aspire 5552" in the "Search by Product Model" bar and it will show up. The problem is that I don't know what to do next and all I know is that I need a USB STICK for flashing and that I need to press FN+ESC to start it.

Please help, thanks!

Acer Aspire 5551 - G - 5552 - G : Same Mobo - same Bios

Hi friend,
The Recovery Procedure is descripted below here and You Bios Recovery Name is BIOS.fd like PMTool shown :

EFI / Insyde BIOS
Recovery filenames are:

BIOS.fd

SLIC header found in 7E374E25-8E01-4FEE-87F2-390C23C606CD_851.ROM at 0
Pubkey found in A4DAF672-CA80-47CE-8A85-DEF54F618AD3_1092.ROM at 0
Marker found in BAA2731F-B5C7-478B-82CE-09A41C6A3BA7_1098.ROM at 0
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_858.ROM at 340
'SLIC' string found in AFC04099-0D39-405D-BE46-846F08C51A31_858.ROM at BD1
OEM/Table IDs identified are:
1. INSYDEAMD CRB
2. ACRSYSACRPRDCT
8325948F-03E7-468E-96D8-7A8639AA8B54_1104.ROM is an empty module of 156 bytes
A4E128E7-3D90-4BAA-B6C9-714C6B95AF40_1110.ROM is an empty module of 182 bytes
Header (INSYDEAMD CRB SLIC) (x1)
Pubkey (x1)
Marker (2.1) (ACRSYSACRPRDCT) (x1)

Here Bios File renamed for Recovery Mode :

http://rghost.net/54439110

Recovery Procedure :

- Format USB in Dos Fat32 and copy file BIOS.FD into
- Shutdown the netbook (notebook)
- Remove all peripheral devices
- Remove battery, Remove AC power cord
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds (battery and AC power still out), then release
- Put the USB Memory Stick in the USB port
- Hold "Fn" + "Esc" and plug the AC power cord in
- Now press the power button (whilst still holding Fn + Esc).
Wait until the fan will run, then release "Fn" + "Esc" keys
- The fan will run for about 2-10 minutes and the USB drive activity LED will blink
- I think the netbook rebooted automatically. If it doesn't, unplug the AC power cord once the fan has turned off

So try and let me know
Regards

I followed the steps and the fan started but the USB drive activity LED did not start to blink and after 10 minutes I stoped the laptop. I must ask now if a normal USB drive is bootable or if I need to make it so?
And I want to mention that the process did not start until I pluged the AC power cord out.
find
quote
#4
It's normal all that !
But It's not normal too much time !!!
I will try to get a version Bios older v.2.00 and here Recovery File :

http://rghost.net/54443196

Try this, but if not go well I don't think We can do better.
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
The USB drive activity LED is still not blinking wich is weird and it looks like it doesn't even read what's on it. The screen reamined black and no sign of any text or something and the fan ran like it should all this time (~ 10 min.). I think my laptop is dead for good. Thanks for the help!
find
quote
#6
hey folks!

I got the same problem and nothing helped yet.. and all your links are dead, can you please reupload it?

Thanks!!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)