Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101474
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 516
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2869
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7257
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6980
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14336
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 245
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425400
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3834
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 524
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 544
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227401
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119531
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6989
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 611
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62216

Acer Aspire 5738zg VT-x Bios Mod
#1
I would like to request a bios mod for Acer Aspire 5738zg to enable VT-x.I need this because I have to work with vmware.I will change the pentium t4300 with core2 duo t8100.

I have attached the original bios.

Please help


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.34_Windows.zip (Size: 3.7 MB / Downloads: 250)
find
quote
#2
Hi,

I already modified BIOS 1.34 for Acer Aspire 5738 series notebook. You can find it here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/6654482-post592.html

I will re-post the modified BIOS file here in a couple of hours.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#3
Source: http://forum.notebookreview.com/6654482-post592.html

Compatible models:-
Quote:AS5738ZG 5738DZG 5738Z 5738G 5738 5736Z 5736G 5338

*AS = ASPIRE

Modified BIOS image for Aspire 5738 series notebook. It's based on BIOS v1.34. Use at your own risk! Please provide feedback if you use this modified BIOS.
Aspire 5738G BIOS_1.34 EIST MOD.rar
(MD5: B007740DAE5B2A6101B5BD4467555FFF)

Changes:-
[Image: Aspire5738GBIOS_134EISTMOD1.jpg]
[Image: Aspire5738GBIOS_134EISTMOD2.jpg]
[Image: Aspire5738GBIOS_134EISTMOD3.jpg]

Quote:NOTES: I have unlocked other menu as well. Please be careful with it. If your computer doesn't boot after changing something in the sub-menu, you will need to disconnect the CMOS/RTC battery to reset CMOS back to default. To do so, you will need to open your notebook casing.
Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. Smile

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#4
Thank you for uploading,but there is an issue with it when I try to flash it in windows xp 32 bit it says that my AC does not exist and DC does not exist.
Also in Windows 7 64bit does not work cause it is not 64 bit version,can you help me please?
find
quote
#5
You'll need to flash BIOS in DOS mode, not in Windows Command Prompt. For this you'll need to create a DOS bootable disk using USB flash drive.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#6
(09-25-2011, 03:39 AM)kizwan Wrote: You'll need to flash BIOS in DOS mode, not in Windows Command Prompt. For this you'll need to create a DOS bootable disk using USB flash drive.

Hello,I checked the recovery process and it works with my xd card reader.I flashed the moded bios but there are some issues with wi-fi adapter and virtualization.After flashing, wi-fi adapter is not detected and virtualization options are not available in bios.
find
quote
#7
There is no reason for the modified BIOS to cause a wireless card to stop working & the virtualization menu only visible if your notebook have VT-x capable processor. Many people already use this modified BIOS & they all said it doesn't cause any problem. You might want to flash the original BIOS to check whether the wireless card working or not. The mod doesn't change the computer behavior at all, until you change the settings in unlocked sub-menus. There is no way it can make any parts, e.g. wireless card, from working.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#8
(09-25-2011, 05:18 AM)kizwan Wrote: There is no reason for the modified BIOS to cause a wireless card to stop working & the virtualization menu only visible if your notebook have VT-x capable processor. Many people already use this modified BIOS & they all said it doesn't cause any problem. You might want to flash the original BIOS to check whether the wireless card working or not. The mod doesn't change the computer behavior at all, until you change the settings in unlocked sub-menus. There is no way it can make any parts, e.g. wireless card, from working.

My Wi-fi works after I turned off/turned on my laptop.Is this bios safe?I see many options,do I have to change them or should I leave them as default?I want to change my CPU next week,to add one which supports virtualization and hope my virtualization options will be available after.If everything works good,I will donate.
find
quote
#9
The modified BIOS is safe. I will never upload faulty BIOS. However, when dealing with BIOS there is always risk involved. The unlocked options depend on the hardware compatibility. For example, FAN options most probably won't work because FAN on notebooks usually implemented using different method & controlled by BIOS in different way. Anyway, only change the options you familiar with. The VT-x will work with VT-x capable processor. Just make sure the processor support VT-x & 64-bit.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#10
So I changed the cpu and vt-x is working with the original bios also, I think all the options were set to enable automatically even if they are not seen.I have an issue with the new cpu it gets hot around 70 degrees when full loaded and I think it is not ok. I undervolted it and the temp got normal.

My question is, are there options in bios to undervolt cpu?so that I don`t have to use software undervolting programs?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)