Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 12:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 49
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317099
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2521
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40962
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55310
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6567
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 94
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52176
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167164
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

Acer Aspire T180 R01-C0 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
no sorry it sounds like the flash failed , restore the old one and leave well alone if you manage to recover!

Sorry!

Admin
find
Great news!!
I had given up on the desktop and was on the verge to order a new BIOS chip.
I just wanted to try one last time.
I took out the battery and kept it aside overnight (along with the power chords out of wall sockets).
Next morning I put the battery back in and restarted the desktop. I got the same screen "Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP".
I pressed DEL and I was able to enter the BIOS.
I adjusted the date, time and boot priority, saved the changes, rebooted and kept my fingers crossed. This time I was able to boot to windows.

Now in BIOS I see the version as R01-C0.
Next I checked with CPUZ. It still showed R01-B4 (which I don't care anymore)

I have no idea what had happened or how it recovered, but by gods grace everything is back on track and that too on almost the right track.

This was the first time I had tried to update a BIOS and this would be the last time I would ever try to update any BIOS. I have learned my lesson the hard way. Sad
find
Well its fantastic that you recovered and you have discovered the risks we take here - You DO NOT flash a bios lightly!

Regards
Admin
find
I'm looking for some quick advice. I've flashed many BIOSes through the years, both in DOS and in Windows. So this week, I attempted to flash the BIOS of my Acer Aspire T180 through Windows (version downloaded from the Acer website: R01-C0). It ALMOST completed successfully, then announced it couldn't erase because it was write protected! I assumed this meant it would revert to the original--but no, when I rebooted, I got a black screen and a series of beeps. After clearing the CMOS, I am able to enter Setup; the system checks the CD-ROM and the floppy, but I can't get it to boot to either (yes I've changed and checked the boot order settings). I get stuck at Verifying DMI pool ... The initial screen says it is using the new BIOS, but I have to believe it must be corrupted. Should I order a new BIOS chip? or is there any chance I can get this to reflash? I'd like to try his modded one next time around. Any help would be appreciate. (By the way, I have checked the BIOS settings many times now, and the the setting for Bios Write Block is not protected--so I don't know why I got that error to begin with.)
Thanks!
find
Okay, well you're supposed to be able to turn write protect off on the bios I believe. So that being said can you create a bootable USB and boot to DOS so that you can do a reflash. If you prepare a USB with awdflash, the bios, and a auto.exec to auto flash? I can't remember if this goes over the Verifying DMI Pool problem, if it doesn't I'll post back with some more things to try.

TheWiz
www find
(10-17-2009, 08:39 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Okay, well you're supposed to be able to turn write protect off on the bios I believe. So that being said can you create a bootable USB and boot to DOS so that you can do a reflash. If you prepare a USB with awdflash, the bios, and a auto.exec to auto flash? I can't remember if this goes over the Verifying DMI Pool problem, if it doesn't I'll post back with some more things to try.

TheWiz

I created a boot USB with the appropriate files on it and was able to select it in the boot menu--but it went straight to "Verifying DMI pool data ..."
Next?Sad
find
Okay, if I have time later tonight Ill try my best to give you all the possible things to try.

Thanks,
TheWiz

P.S. Don't givve up, most the time its fixable.
www find
(10-19-2009, 09:15 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Okay, if I have time later tonight Ill try my best to give you all the possible things to try.

Thanks,
TheWiz

P.S. Don't givve up, most the time its fixable.

Thanks! I appreciate the help.
find
Okay they're a couple things to try. First clear the CMOs by removing that battery for 15 minutes, do not just short the pins, but remove the battery. Then they're some bioses that allow you to reset configuration data. If you are still stuck after clearing the CMOS try to reset to setup defaults and disable or remove all hardware not needed to boot.

TheWiz

More info:
The DMI is what communicates to the software layer of the computer, a extension referred to as SMBIOS. Sometimes it hangs gets stuck whatever, but you should understand whats happening and try these solutions.
www find
(10-19-2009, 12:49 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Okay they're a couple things to try. First clear the CMOs by removing that battery for 15 minutes, do not just short the pins, but remove the battery. Then they're some bioses that allow you to reset configuration data. If you are still stuck after clearing the CMOS try to reset to setup defaults and disable or remove all hardware not needed to boot.

TheWiz

More info:
The DMI is what communicates to the software layer of the computer, a extension referred to as SMBIOS. Sometimes it hangs gets stuck whatever, but you should understand whats happening and try these solutions.

I took out the battery for an hour or so, cleared CMOS, put the battery back in, reset BIOS to defaults, tried to boot from USB--same error. I had previously unplugged everything but the monitor and keyboard and memory. I plugged in the Floppy and tried booting to that. Same error.
Anything else I can try?
find