Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424163
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 217
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223804
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119101
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309517
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61905
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20221
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169154
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6266
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 770
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5738
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61115
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274951

Acer Extensa 5635Z: Method for updating microcode
#1
Hello, My name is Isaac, a wannabe modder.

I need advice or confirmation about if this is gonna work:
I want to update the microcode for T9900  for my acer extensa 5635z,
I have already updated from T4300 to T9500 without modifications but the T9900 does not work, so I think it is maybe because of the old microcode (cpu seems to be fine)

I know how to flash bios. I have done it 5 or 6 times, 2 of them with minor modifications applied 
I have directly used the hex editor (no CBROM worked) and updated CPUID=1067A manually on my bios file as a preliminary test:


                                                 BEFORE-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> AFTER
[Image: Sin-t-tulo.jpg]

I used as source the file ncpucode-mobile-lga-775-microcode.bin, md5sum 1606219827fcca467c929cc16e493da0

As you can see intelmicrocodelist recognises the change and so do phoenix bios editor (it recompiles without errors). Original and modded bios files are 2.150.400 bytes.

So my question is: Is it that easy? do you think I'm going to brick my mobo? 

I truly beg your advice, I think I'm missing something. Thanks :)
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#3
(05-08-2020, 01:40 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.

Thank you VERY much

cpu
find
quote
#4
Your laptop is based on GL40 chipset. It doesn't support FSB=1066 Mhz. So you can't use T9900 with this laptop.
find
quote
#5
Thank you Sir, I do not know how I missed that point. Thanks again.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)