Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 129
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223232
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119034
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 203
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6700
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61863
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 525
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20171
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169049
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6214
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 719
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5694
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61052
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274900
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 837
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24779

Acer Travelmate 5730 v1.36 Acer 2.1 SLIC
#11
I take it you have tried the mod by computerwis involving the HP 2.1 SLIC? (Brand isnt importnat)

Admin
find
quote
#12
Hi,

No I did not try Computerwis' modified bios with HP 2.1 slic, because his upload is no longer available unfortunately.

Regards,

Albatros
find
quote
#13
The latest v1.36 from acer has both SLIC 2.0 and SLIC 2.1 already. Flash back to original 1.36 then use the following utility to set the OS SKU to 2 (Meaning that the laptop will think windows 7 was preinstalled and the SLIC 2.1 table will automatically be "Unhidden")

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Compal%20...20v3.0.zip

A How to is included.

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#14
Hi,
Thanks for quick resposes and helpful information 1234s282. I've flashed with the latest bios from Acer.

I used the DMI tool from the link and after extraction copied the DMI.exe to bootable USB flash drive and wrote the command dmi /wu 864BD4BE6B22584338D2001B38D637FC but it says waiting and nothing happens, I waited for 5 minutes and rebooted.

when I write the dmi /r command it gives me error message as cant found DMI string.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or does this DMI tool not support Travelmate 5730?

To check whether it accepts other commands I used
dmi /wp TravelMate 5730
again it says waiting and nothing happens.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Regards,

Albatros
find
quote
#15
please reflash to original v1.36 and show us all screenshots provided by the tool below

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/SLIC_Dump_ToolKit.EXE

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#16
Hi,

Thanks again for your help.

Before trying to change the os sku, I had alrady flashed with the original Acer Bios but to make sure I flashed again with the original Acer Bios 1.36.

On my digitallife forums I found older verisons of Compal DMI tool, with DMI tool 172 it let me enter the dmi /wu 864BD4BE6B22584338D2001B38D637FC command but next time when I reboot the machine and check the number it is the old number again, this version does not seem to write to the eeprom.

As I mentioned on the earlier posts I flashed the bios from dos bootable flash disk, as well as running DMI tools from dos bootable flash drive.
On the bootable flash drive I put both dmi and uuid exe files since, I think, dmi.exe calls uuid.exe to do the work.

Here are the all screenshots of the SlicToolKit

Basic
Advanced
Slp1
Acpi
Memory Acces

Thanks for your help and time.

Regards,
Albatros
find
quote
#17
Seems the compal tool doesnt work well for changing OS SKU , unlike the HP DMI Tool Sad

This tools only use is to repgoram UUID/serial number etc if you get a motherboard replacement. This tool cannot add SLIC or change OS SKU (TO "activate" the SLIC hidden in your system)

Out of interest , is there anything in the bios that says "Preinstalled OS" - If there is it will be grayed out but just interesting to see if its there

Will continue to dig round for you Smile

Admin
find
quote
#18
Ok , well heres another 2 mods , Acer 2.1 SLIC

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20Tr...34s282.zip

Flash from DOS , not windows! using phlash16.exe

Tell me how you get along and alos screenshots again for each mod would be helpful for troubleshooting if you have problems.

Best of luck , try at your own risk!

Admin
find
quote
#19
Thank you very much 1234s282 for all your efforts and time, with the first modded bios it is now slic enabled and windows is actived.

In the bios there was no mention of Installed Os option before.

I forgot the write previously, dmi172.exe were able to insert asset tag into the bios.

I'm attaching the screen shots of SlicTool Kit.

Basic
Advanced
SLP
ACPI
Memory Acces

Thank you again, I'm grateful for all your help.

Best regards,
Albatros
find
quote
#20
glad this worked in the end , updated 1st post

Regards
Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)