Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14364
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425658
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310608
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
#1
Hello folks. Have lenovo m715s with a8 apu. There are ryzen 1 gen in cpu support list, but i think am4 socket and b350 chipset can handle with any other ryzen cpus. Can anyone tell me, is it possible to add 3, 4, 5 gen support to bios? Maybe there are some utilities, instructions to make it?
Thank you for your answers.

Bios link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloa...-and-m715s
Whats happens: mb starts, coolers works, but no post, no numlock, pc doesn't boot.
find
quote
#2
Yesterday, I managed to boot the Lenovo M715s with an unmodified BIOS from the Biostar X470GTA motherboard using a Ryzen 5600 CPU. It runs stably—we flashed it using a SOIC clip.

Motherboard in the Lenovo M715s: AM4P2MS Ver 1.1

Link to the Lenovo M715s BIOS:
https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/think...tb1usa.zip

Link to the Biostar X470GTA BIOS:
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=955&data-type=DOWNLOAD
find
quote
#3
Hi. I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M715s that comes with an A10-8770 processor. I tried upgrading from the A10 to an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Pro, but the motherboard doesn't recognize the processor. I updated the BIOS to the latest version, but it still doesn't work. I think it might be due to some kind of BIOS lock on the motherboard that's preventing it from recognizing the processor. Can anyone help?

I've attached the BIOS here.

I forgot to mention that when I try to use the Ryzen CPU, no video, and the CPU fan is spinning fast.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o5sph9yko...a.exe/file
find
quote
#4
I think you'd better try the crossflashing method in the post above. You can also try to flash BIOS from M725s - the two version seem to have the same motherboard model.
find
quote
#5
I don't have an OSIC Clip, and it won't let me flash the BIOS on my M725S.

I saw a thread about the M715Q, but that PC's BIOS isn't compatible. I need help with this; I've already added some microcodes, but I couldn't get it to work because I don't know much about this.
find
quote
#6
(05-12-2026, 01:32 PM)blast32 Wrote: I've already added some microcodes, but I couldn't get it to work because I don't know much about this.
Adding microcode doesn't add support for new CPUs.
find
quote
#7
I don’t want to install a BIOS from another motherboard. The CPU r3 2200g pro doesn’t have any bent pins, and if anyone can do it, that would be great
find
quote
#8
(05-12-2026, 01:51 PM)blast32 Wrote: I don’t want to install a BIOS from another motherboard.
There is no other way.
find
quote
#9
(05-12-2026, 02:30 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(05-12-2026, 01:51 PM)blast32 Wrote: I don’t want to install a BIOS from another motherboard.
There is no other way.
I don't want to damage the motherboard; I had a bad experience flashing a BIOS via crossflash with another motherboard before.
find
quote
#10
(04-20-2025, 03:40 AM)H2SO4.4min Wrote: Yesterday, I managed to boot the Lenovo M715s with an unmodified BIOS from the Biostar X470GTA motherboard using a Ryzen 5600 CPU. It runs stably—we flashed it using a SOIC clip.

Motherboard in the Lenovo M715s: AM4P2MS Ver 1.1 

Link to the Lenovo M715s BIOS:
https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/think...tb1usa.zip

Link to the Biostar X470GTA BIOS:
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=955&data-type=DOWNLOAD

Mind if I ask how you did this? I tried a couple of different Biostart BIOS and none of them booted.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)