Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223931
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

Adding missing defaults and removing version check
#1
Lightbulb 
I'm going back and forth a lot between two ASUS .CAP bios versions on my X79 system. I've updated the oroms on both bios versions but there are a few annoyances in the bios itself that I'd like to tweak. I can't find a tutorial or thread on these. If anyone can give a few tips - I'm newish to proper bios modding but a few pointers explaining what to look for or do, might be enough. (I've done assembler + debugging on a different platform so I'm not completely naive, just not x86.)

The bios can be opened by using UEFITool 0.17.10 to extract the rom from the .CAP, then UEFITool and AMIBCP 4.53.0050 to examine and modify the rom strings and structures. My initial mod wishlist is:
  1. When I look at the rom in AMIBCP the menu defaults (failsafe+optimal) are clear and many of them show values which I can modify. But a lot of items don't have a value shown next to them and then the AMIBCP interface doesn't seem to let me enter anything. Is there some way to modify their default values? One of my targets here is the default settings when re-flashed, for example "splash screen=disabled" and some device settings which I always have to change manually after flashing.
  2. The bios detects and blocks rollback to earlier BIOSes. I can use rear port Flashback instead, but it's not ideal. I'd like to mod the code segment that detects and compares versions so it doesn't block flashing a new bios if the version is older. Way neater. Presumably this is as simple as finding a jne or jeq and changing to a jmp or something, but it would be the first time I've tried bios code modding. How would I do it?
    (I figure, how hard can finding a jump instruction be really? Rolleyes )
Thanks!! And great forum Big Grin Heart

My bios download link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2...S-0801.zip

AMI Asus X79 Deluxe 4960X, 64GB G.Skill @2400, 840 Pro SSDs, Win 8.1
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)