Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424257
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224010
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 364
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 579
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20232
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169182
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6284
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61134

Asus G73JH BIOS Admin password
#1
Well, a frustrating issue happened to me tonight. I decided to flash my G73 from 209 BIOS to 211 BIOS. Before flashing I went into BIOS just to check settings, I didn't change a thing. Booted into Win7 Pro x64 and used Winflash to flash to 211. (Using Winflash was probably my first mistake). Anywho, flashing was successful, shutdown machine and powered off. I then powered it on and pressed F2 to get into BIOS and BOOM its now asking for a password! Huh If I leave the password blank and press enter, it goes into setup but only as "user." As "user" I cannot change any settings such as boot device priority or HDD security. It shows that there is an Administrator password set but I cannot change it. None of the AMI backdoor passwords work. The password field does not accept any special characters at all (i.e. $ % # @). I e-mailed Asus and have yet to hear back. All I know is that its of the AMI Aptio variety and can find virtually no information on it. Also, when I power it on, I'm supposed to be able to press ESC for boot selection but that requires Admin password. Very ridiculous... I tried flashing same BIOS again using AFLASH from DOS. I had to remove both hard drives and boot from my USB drive. That didn't work, Admin password is still there. I'm scared to flash it back to 209, I don't want to brick it. If I had a choice between bricking it or putting up with not being able to get into BIOS as Admin, I'd make the obvious choice Tongue Soooo anyone have any idears? Idea
find
quote
#2
ive never heard of this before! Sorry

Admin
find
quote
#3
First, just to be certain, make sure you try all of these.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Bios-Passwords

The second thing to try would be checking for jumpers that allow your to reset it and removing your CMOS battery for a couple minutes.

Also, at the bottom of this page are tols that try to reveal the password to you, but I have not used them so procceed with caution.

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#4
Update: I can modify your BIOS so that anyone can modify the options for changing the password, its a pretty simple fix.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
(09-29-2010, 12:58 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Update: I can modify your BIOS so that anyone can modify the options for changing the password, its a pretty simple fix.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Thanks for your reply! None of the passwords listed on "Bios Passwords" page worked. If you can modify my G73 BIOS, you'd be my hero! Oh, and I'd donate!
I downloaded G73JH BIOS from http://support.asus.com
find
quote
#6
Ugh! After I downloaded and tried my trick I realized this is one of the ASUS bioses that doesn't open up in a single tool I have!!! I'm going to have to either find a way to open it or see what else I can do.

Thanks for your patience,
TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)