Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14365
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425658
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310608
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

Asus GL702VM BIOS rescue
#21
(07-03-2019, 01:15 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, I thought so and already had that BIOS, just paused to confirm Big Grin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...6450963392

It worked!!!! i cant thank you enough !
after nearly a month its booted and im looking at my desktop right now !
i need to find how to disable the uh bios update from windows but thank you so so so much! i hope u have a great day/night ! Big Grin
find
quote
#22
Sweet bud, thanks for quick report back and I'm happy to have helped you revive your system again!! Big Grin

You're very welcome! In some thread, if you want me to find I can try, anyway in some thread here not long ago we ran into this and it caused a recovery/fix case too (I think), and after that user was able to reflash the same old BIOS again and windows updates them didn't push new BIOS to him. I am not sure if it was maybe how he flashed that time vs the previous, or maybe possibly due to windows update already registered that specific BIOS update as installed even though it could scan the now old BIOS version still. I'm not certain what happened, but I think he was able to not let windows reapply the BIOS again, at least for that BIOS round. Let me know if you want me to hunt it down.

I highly suggest you make a few threads about how to stop this on the Microsoft forums
This guy, and the guys in the two threads linked at post #2 will probably join you in protest if you send them all PM here and let them know you made a thread at Microsoft's forum
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-B...2VM-DM261T

Even though it may not help next time around, if you see this happening again, let it finish the update. Sometimes it's going to brick anyway, just because windows updates shouldn't be installing a BIOS, and sometimes stock BIOS simply can brick too, but at least there is a chance it will be OK if you let it finish. Virus would never look anything like that process, at least not anything currently out there that I've seen/heard about.
find
quote
#23
(07-03-2019, 11:43 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Sweet bud, thanks for quick report back and I'm happy to have helped you revive your system again!! Big Grin

You're very welcome!  In some thread, if you want me to find I can try, anyway in some thread here not long ago we ran into this and it caused a recovery/fix case too (I think), and after that user was able to reflash the same old BIOS again and windows updates them didn't push new BIOS to him.  I am not sure if it was maybe how he flashed that time vs the previous, or maybe possibly due to windows update already registered that specific BIOS update as installed even though it could scan the now old BIOS version still.  I'm not certain what happened, but I think he was able to not let windows reapply the BIOS again, at least for that BIOS round.  Let me know if you want me to hunt it down.

I highly suggest you make a few threads about how to stop this on the Microsoft forums
This guy, and the guys in the two threads linked at post #2 will probably join you in protest if you send them all PM here and let them know you made a thread at Microsoft's forum
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-B...2VM-DM261T

Even though it may not help next time around, if you see this happening again, let it finish the update. Sometimes it's going to brick anyway, just because windows updates shouldn't be installing a BIOS, and sometimes stock BIOS simply can brick too, but at least there is a chance it will be OK if you let it finish.  Virus would never look anything like that process, at least not anything currently out there that I've seen/heard about.

i let the laptop update the bios and i let it do its thing and its doing ok! ik ppl on asus forums talked abt it but i cant bother myself to dig to find them as of right now but u dont have to look for it for me tho!
i would like to post on the asus forums but thats a nightmare of a site :C it doesnt work at all, i will try to make some threads about this, i did first post to reddit about this so i might make an updated thread there
but i will keep in mind next time to let updates happen and to not interrupt them but thanks again!
find
quote
#24
So you mean Windows updates reflashed new BIOS again? I know what you mean about the Asus site, I've posted there a few times and never got replies too, so seems not too active for help either.

I meant to scream about Windows Updates pushing BIOS Updates = Terrible idea - on the Microsoft forums, maybe eventually with enough complaints and threats of lawsuits for bricked systems they'll stop it but I doubt it.
find
quote
#25
Hi People,

Cudos! This thread has already been immensely helpful. Short story is that I basically messed up pretty much like Fuitgummie, wrecking a windows update distributed firmware upgrade. It seems to be pretty much the exact same machine in question (ASUS GL702VM-BA231T).

Bought the CH341A programmer and in-system clip, read the linked user guide, located the three respective flash chips, identified the 25Q64FVSIO chip, managed to save a verified dump containing sensible and non-empty data.

I even brought in a replacement pre-programmed chip as a backup solution. All good so far.

Read the replacement chip firmware (verified) and flashed it into the in-system chip (verifed). This did unfortunately not produce the intended result. Fans start up at full power, but no screen activity at all, neither screen or external.

Given the aldready demonstrated expertise here, I'm asking for a few suggestions on how to continue with the troubleshooting.

My laptop have three flash chips:
25Q64FVSIO (main BIOS flash?, can create dump and verify against chip)
25Q80DVSIG (located physically close to the above, can create dump but not verify against chip)
25Q80EWNIG (can create dump and verify against chip)

Any ideas? I sorely miss my laptop.

Cheers!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)