Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 61
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 59
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6052
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219818
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98268
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 23866
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323460
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 937
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 278
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 121
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 541767
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 227
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656066
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20391
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 163363
Lenovo Yoga 14s (slim7Gen 8)
04-13-2024 03:32 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
04-13-2024 03:31 PM
» Replies: 470
» Views: 129322

Asus GL702VM BIOS rescue

.bin   25q64fvsiq.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 15)
.bin   25q80dvsig.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 8)
.bin   25q64fvsiq.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 15) hey this is for lost n bios heres 2 files i believe there dups of what the prograner read from the 2 chips on my laptop i guess there not blank but thats all i know tell me what you think looking to get 2 files for these attachments so i can flash the chips correctly i have asus gl702vm db71 laptop please any help
find
Next time, please zip files, thanks!

Use software 1.30 and chip ID W25Q64BV instead of W25Q64FV, for the other I am not sure what works best you'll have to figure that out on your end, I don't have any of those to test but I would try at least 1.30 or 1.34 before any older ones.

25q80dvsig = 99.9% blank, so failed dump
Other two, all corrupted data = failed dumps all around. Use tips above, and get more dumps from the W25Q64FV chip, and try to find good dump from the other too. You can check in hex editor, if all or nearly all 00 or FF then it's fail, if all looks very similar with a quick scroll through it's failed too (Like current W25Q64FV all is 00, FF, or 88) Compare with stock BIOS and how that looks in hex, you'll see huge difference
find
Hi in the beginning of this month i saw there was a windows update and i decided to take a break to let it do its thing while i checked my phone and in the middle of it i see a blue screen with a bar and something something flash
and i panicked because i thought it was erasing my flash drive and that flash drive has stuff from 2014 that i havent backed up anywhere so i shut off the laptop and removed my flash drive,
the laptop doesnt turn on properly, the screen is black and the fans whir at max speeds, ive tried a bunch of things and i havent found any luck
i know its the bios that i messed up, and i attempted to reflash? the bios with a flash drive with no luck but im convinced i wasnt doing it right
is it better to buy a reprogrammed bios chip for like 20 usd and just replace the chip?
ik my way around tech but software n stuff im not the best :c  i actually didnt know u could update the bios till i did it for that laptop (pior to the windows update) and that went well but i had no idea that bios update was coming thru the windows update otherwise i would have left it alone,
find
You can fix this for less than $7, you need both of these items, but you can purchase similar things elsewhere for more $$ and faster shipping
CH341A flash programmer + SOIC8 test clip with cable, here is cheap examples on ebay (3-5 week delivery at these prices)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/201316582787
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382486015977

BIOS chips are $2, don't pay $20 for one programmed with stock BIOS. If you purchase pre-programmed chip you loose your serial, UUID, and LAN MAC ID too usually. Some of that can be recovered/re-created from stickers on your board, but that's a lot more work and more BIOS flashing. Plus if you purchase one pre-programmed you have to have the proper tools and skills to desolder lead-free solder on the board without damaging the traces or pads, and then solder back in the BIOS with shorting any pins etc. It's not something you can easily do without having experience with lead free solder before, and it can't be done safely without a soldering iron (not $5-10 ones)
find
(06-21-2019, 04:18 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You can fix this for less than $7, you need both of these items, but you can purchase similar things elsewhere for more $$ and faster shipping
CH341A flash programmer + SOIC8 test clip with cable, here is cheap examples on ebay (3-5 week delivery at these prices)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/201316582787
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382486015977

BIOS chips are $2, don't pay $20 for one programmed with stock BIOS.  If you purchase pre-programmed chip you loose your serial, UUID, and LAN MAC ID too usually.  Some of that can be recovered/re-created from stickers on your board, but that's a lot more work and more BIOS flashing.  Plus if you purchase one pre-programmed you have to have the proper tools and skills to desolder lead-free solder on the board without damaging the traces or pads, and then solder back in the BIOS with shorting any pins etc.  It's not something you can easily do without having experience with lead free solder before, and it can't be done safely without a soldering iron (not $5-10 ones)

https://ebay.us/Hi5Rxh
https://ebay.us/9HBjOQ
i think these are the same thing? just the sellers are from the us, i dont mind ordering things from china but i dont wanna wait like a month to repair the laptop so i dont mind spending a bit more
also ill keep that in mind! i didnt think replacing a chip would be easy but yeah i dont think i could trust myself or others to do something like that
find
Half the time now, or more, you can't tell if seller is actually in the US or still in China using an address in the US or say "Ship from US" when it really doesn't. Sometimes that is OK, if they actually ship from US warehouse, but sometimes they don't and you still get one pulled over on you and have to wait out shipping. Be sure to check feedbacks, neutral and negatives should let you know if this is the case.

The Programmers "Shipping" section looks like they usually ship from Hong Kong, so be aware, but this item could fall into the above case where they ship some stuff from US.. I see in neutrals, they ship from US for something but wanted return to China, so this is probably the case, hopefully this item is in USA Big Grin

But to answer you, yes those are the two items you need.

Replacing the chip is possible, if you have the tools and experience, but it's much easier to just reprogram it in place with these items
find
(06-21-2019, 02:16 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Half the time now, or more, you can't tell if seller is actually in the US or still in China using an address in the US or say "Ship from US" when it really doesn't.  Sometimes that is OK, if they actually ship from US warehouse, but sometimes they don't and you still get one pulled over on you and have to wait out shipping.  Be sure to check feedbacks, neutral and negatives should let you know if this is the case.  

The Programmers "Shipping" section looks like they usually ship from Hong Kong, so be aware, but this item could fall into the above case where they ship some stuff from US..  I see in neutrals, they ship from US for something but wanted return to China, so this is probably the case, hopefully this item is in USA Big Grin

But to answer you, yes those are the two items you need.

Replacing the chip is possible, if you have the tools and experience, but it's much easier to just reprogram it in place with these items

Yeah replacing definitely seems easier! 
thanks for checking the sellers though! i didnt even think to check stuff like that
would i come back to this forum in like a week when the items arrive? or is there stuff i can do to prepare before stuff gets here
find
Replacing may be easier, if you're already familiar with desoldering lead free solder and have the proper tools and skillset to do it safely, and if you already have new chip or programmer to reprogram that one.

Nothing to do really until the tools arrive. First thing to do is open all software versions and on the "auto" function, uncheck erase and blank check, this way nothing gets accidentally erased. Then on the "Operate" menu for each, second tab 25/26 function, make sure only "Main Memory" is selected.

Then goal is read, verify and then if buffer or main memory and chip match save the file. Then check this file, is it all FF or 00 or same similar set of characters only, if it is that's invalid dump, try again with different software. Send me the file once you get a good dump, it will look "similar" to the stock BIOS but not same. YOu can also compare in BIOS tools such as UEFITool, or AMIBCP 5.02.0023 or 0031 - good BIOS dump will look similar to stock BIOS in those tools, but not same, bad dump will not open or will show a bunch of errors vs the stock one in UEFITool parser tab,

Do not erase or write anything to the chip until I tell you we're ready,

Here is software http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5007472602

And here is a guide on how to use and setup
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...programmer
find
(06-22-2019, 11:32 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Replacing may be easier, if you're already familiar with desoldering lead free solder and have the proper tools and skillset to do it safely, and if you already have new chip or programmer to reprogram that one.

Nothing to do really until the tools arrive.  First thing to do is open all software versions and on the "auto" function, uncheck erase and blank check, this way nothing gets accidentally erased.  Then on the "Operate" menu for each, second tab 25/26 function, make sure only "Main Memory" is selected.

Then goal is read, verify and then if buffer or main memory and chip match save the file.  Then check this file, is it all FF or 00 or same similar set of characters only, if it is that's invalid dump, try again with different software.  Send me the file once you get a good dump, it will look "similar" to the stock BIOS but not same.  YOu can also compare in BIOS tools such as UEFITool, or AMIBCP 5.02.0023 or 0031 - good BIOS dump will look similar to stock BIOS in those tools, but not same, bad dump will not open or will show a bunch of errors vs the stock one in UEFITool parser tab,

Do not erase or write anything to the chip until I tell you we're ready,

Here is software http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5007472602

And here is a guide on how to use and setup
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...programmer

i realize now i made a typo :C my bad i ment reprogramming seems easier,
but i got both parts now!
i believe i got a good dump? i hope i did the stuff correctly, i hope this attachment thing works 
.bin   Bios_Backup.Bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 7)
i think i chose the proper chip to get stuff from? theres 3 in total that look like bios chips i chose the one that seems to be it?
i can def try to get dumps of the other chips if this isnt the proper one?
find
Give me some images of the BIOS Chips if you are not sure, or give me all their ID's

Never mind, yes, this is proper BIOS dump, and only chip for the main BIOS. Any other may contain EC FW but that shouldn't have been messed up during this issue happening. This BIOS however is corrupt too much for me to check a few things I needed to see (Not due to your dump, due to what happened) So before I do anything, I need to know your exact model VM or VMK etc, or you can link me to your exact BIOS download page that you know you've used previously.
find