Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223933
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6274
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

Asus K43SJ processor upgrade question
#1
Hello folks!

I have an Asus A43SJ with a Pentium B940 processor in it. I want to upgrade the processor and need suggestions for compatibility

As per official Asus, Core i7-2630QM should work . Link to specs - https://www.asus.com/my/Laptops/A43SJ/specifications/

I'm wondering if a i7-2670QM will work, I can get it slightly cheaper than the 2630QM plus it will be slightly faster.

Link to BIOS - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/K4...JAS317.zip

I can open the BIOS thru AMIBCP 4.55 and MMtool 5.0.0.7 and here's some screenshots if it can help. I really cannot figure how to proceed from here so asking your help!

[Image: hM9i6Pk.jpg]

[Image: aDxlZOj.jpg]

Thanks in Advance!
find
quote
#2
I think that quad cores CPU will overheat this laptop.
To check it you need to stress current GPU and CPU simultaneously: run Furmark & LinX (with idle process priority).
Make screenshot of HWMonitor when GPU & CPU temperatures will stop rising.
find
quote
#3
(10-08-2018, 11:57 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I think that quad cores CPU will overheat this laptop.

Leaving aside the heating, will it work on the laptop? I can probably do some mods to take care of the extra heat.

I could probably get an i5 2410M which is also on the supported processors list and has same TDP as the 940 but if possible I want to go all out on the upgrade  Big Grin

on a different note, will i5 2540M also work? I'm having second thoughts on the i7 due to thermal constraints.
find
quote
#4
(10-09-2018, 12:16 AM)jingalalahoe Wrote: Leaving aside the heating, will it work on the laptop?
Some motherboards can't boot with quad cores CPU because of hardware limits of power subsystem. On motherboard, not PSU.
i5-2xx0M и i7-26x0M are recommended for your laptop.
find
quote
#5
(10-09-2018, 11:25 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: i5-2xx0M и i7-26x0M are recommended for your laptop.

Thank you for your inputs, ordered an i5-2540M. I'll update the thread when I get it!
find
quote
#6
SO I got my processor and it works fine!

[Image: FBiL09I.jpg]

Before installing it, I updated the microcodes in the bios to the latest and unlocked as many options as possible in the BIOS.

Processor idles at 37-38* , wow! Earlier witht he 940 and the same thermal paste it never went below 50* idle. Load temps are the same, this is after 15 minutes of prime95 and its turboing to 2.8GHz on all cores? I'm running a 65w brick instead of the standard 90W. Hopefully it runs faster witht he 90W hehe.

[Image: SeClZX4.jpg]

Windows is lot more responsive even with prime95 running! Spent 35$ on the cpu and it was worth the upgrade. Now I keep thinking if I should have got the i7 haha
find
quote
#7
Hi Jingalalahoe,

I have the same model as yours (Asus K43SJ), currently with a i3-2310M processor.  I'm planning to upgrade to i7-2670QM or i7-2760QM. 

Which of the two would you recommend?
find
quote
#8
None of these two. Reread this topic attentively.
find
quote
#9
(10-09-2018, 11:25 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 12:16 AM)jingalalahoe Wrote: Leaving aside the heating, will it work on the laptop?
Some motherboards can't boot with quad cores CPU because of hardware limits of power subsystem. On motherboard, not PSU.
i5-2xx0M и i7-26x0M are recommended for your laptop.

hi,DeathBringer.

Do you think I7 2620M Is compatible for this laptop?
find
quote
#10
Yes.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)