Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6415
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14046
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424572
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224898
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119212
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309843
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169444
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6393
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Full AM3 Support
(11-27-2011, 03:41 AM)Reiska Wrote: I'm experiencing a weird issue with my m2n-sli deluxe motherboard any ideas how to resolve this:

I was able to flash BIOSes up till 1502 and since that version I haven't found a single BIOS version (tried 1702-5001) that could boot or install Windows. I always reset the BIOS to factory defaults after a flash and then manually reconfigure it back to my preferred settings. Doesn't make a difference even running it on factory defaults or custom settings thou. Tried both.

Windows 7 64-bit complains that there is something wrong with the USB driver, goes into the preboot fixing wizard and fails to fix it, Windows XP just hangs at the startup logo.

My USB keyboard works fine in all the BIOSes nor have I had any verification errors while doing the flashing from my trusty USB-stick with DOS & AWDFLASH on it.

I can POST all the newer BIOSes and boot to DOS to flash my 1502 image back, but I would really prefer being able to run a newer version of the BIOS to enable me to upgrade my CPU from Phenom X4 9850 -> something newer.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Have you tried flashing with the built in flashing tool in the BIOS? Just copy the new version to a flash drive and install it that way. That's the only way I have done it with this board and it seems to work fine.
find
quote
i have this board as well. it's 5 years old but still runs find and i just started overclocking it and it oc'ed 4200+ from 2.2 to 2.75 on a 212 plus and ram from 667 to 800.

yeah if there can be x6 support would be awesome. also the 945 which is now 125w. maybe add in core unlock function? asking too much here lol.

thanks again for doing the nettle2. works awesome.

maybe i should grab a 945 for 109 bucks from ncix while it's still in production.

trying to get a 1090t for my m3n72-d is a pain. only can find on ebay. trying to offer 150 on craigslist and nobody is even selling. must be a good processor.

1045t is still for sale. so if that can work with m2nsli deluxe would be nice too. i like the idea of maxing out a system. especially on extremely old computers.
find
quote
Hi,

Since Yesterday i have plug a processor on the Board. Its an 'Phenom 2 x4 945 C3. I Update the Bios to 5002, an everything runs so far fine. Before i update it, i have an x2 4800+ee on thos board with the bios 1201.

Now my Question:

In 3d mark 06 or vantage ihave since the bios 5002 a very bad performence and a lot of fps loss. my x2 at 3 ghz and bios 1201 and a gtx 260 make 60-70 fps. the x4 with new bios 5002 make 20-40 fps. i have read some forums but i don´t get a result. but i heard sometimes that many peoble think after the bios 1201 the performence brake in soo bad on every bios.
find
quote
Hi all,
I just found out this forum. First post here!
I just inherited an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe mother board. Currently, there's an old Athlon XP 4200+ on it. After checking its supported CPU list I got a Phenom X4 9850, but I returned it because some of the pins where bent due to sloppy packaging from the previous owner.
So, I've some cash to put on a good enough CPU, but I'd like to know what should I get and which BIOS version I'll need.

Thanks in advance,
gtludwig
find
quote
I would recommend the AMD 945 with the 5001 bios.
find
quote
I was thinking more like the 940BE since these older processors are somewhat hard to find here in Brazil...
find
quote
Here is a list of the supported CPUs, the 940BE is not on the list because I believe it is a 125w processor and for the Phenom II four core series this board only supports 95w processors. You probably could get a 125w processor to work but it will it will not work properly out of the box.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2...luxe/#CPUS
find
quote
(07-21-2012, 11:05 PM)PaulGo Wrote: Here is a list of the supported CPUs, the 940BE is not on the list because I believe it is a 125w processor and for the Phenom II four core series this board only supports 95w processors. You probably could get a 125w processor to work but it will it will not work properly out of the box.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2...luxe/#CPUS

Actually, I got a Phenom II X4 920, which I browsed and found some success using it on the M2N-SLI Deluxe.
find
quote
I am currently using this board (bios rev. 5001) and have just installed amd phenom iix4 965 BE and was wondering if anyone has got this to work at the proper frequency. Im currently getting 800mhz per core. Ive been doing a lot of research on this and have come up with nothing. Any pro tips?
find
quote
(01-25-2013, 08:15 PM)renaldus Wrote: I am currently using this board (bios rev. 5001) and have just installed amd phenom iix4 965 BE and was wondering if anyone has got this to work at the proper frequency. Im currently getting 800mhz per core. Ive been doing a lot of research on this and have come up with nothing. Any pro tips?

This thread may be helpful:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=286970
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)