Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6362
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424491
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224608
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169364
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Asus P8P67 Pro 2001 Asus 2.1 SLIC DYNAMIC & ASUS P8P67 Pro Permanent SLIC Mod
#61
(12-27-2011, 06:42 AM)shuriken141 Wrote: https://rapidshare.com/files/4257288093/...S-2103.zip

Here's the original BIOS DMAN999

Hey shuriken141, do you think you can provide DMAN999 with the RW files? I've just hit another problem while updating firmware on my SSD with that computer, and now it can't boot. Just my luck with computers I guess...I will now try to restore from a backup and/or reinstall Windows. Just to save some time, can you do this, shuriken141? Since we both need the same thing from DMAN999, and my computer is currently out of commission. I am using my laptop right now as we speak.

Thank you all!
find
quote
#62
(12-27-2011, 09:59 AM)555LE Wrote:
(12-27-2011, 06:42 AM)shuriken141 Wrote: https://rapidshare.com/files/4257288093/...S-2103.zip

Here's the original BIOS DMAN999

if you used P8P67-PRO-ASUS-2001 PERMANENT.exe
Can now use any of the official site, Slic will remain in place
Because he does not touch the BIOS, but only sets the slic in the place which has defined vendor ASUS

Is there a method to check the permanent mod is active? I am unsure if was installed successfully last time.

What if I install an original unmodded BIOS and use the SLIC-Toolkit to check if there is a SLIC. If there is then the BIOS mod was successfully installed. If there isn't then it was unsuccessfully installed.
find
quote
#63
(12-27-2011, 04:24 PM)shuriken141 Wrote:
(12-27-2011, 09:59 AM)555LE Wrote:
(12-27-2011, 06:42 AM)shuriken141 Wrote: https://rapidshare.com/files/4257288093/...S-2103.zip

Here's the original BIOS DMAN999

if you used P8P67-PRO-ASUS-2001 PERMANENT.exe
Can now use any of the official site, Slic will remain in place
Because he does not touch the BIOS, but only sets the slic in the place which has defined vendor ASUS

Is there a method to check the permanent mod is active? I am unsure if was installed successfully last time.

What if I install an original unmodded BIOS and use the SLIC-Toolkit to check if there is a SLIC. If there is then the BIOS mod was successfully installed. If there isn't then it was unsuccessfully installed.
so you used P8P67-PRO-ASUS-2001 PERMANENT.ehe or not?
BIOSMOD.exe

find
quote
#64
Foruman asked me to help him out since his PC is bust for the moment.

Here's the RW-Everything report for 2001 Dynamic: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8a7v3

Here's the RW-Everything report for 2103 Original: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hk4g41
@555LE

Here is what I did a few months ago when you created the permanent mod.

Using P8P67-PRO-ASUS-2001 PERMANENT.exe I have created a bootable USB flash drive.
Booted into the drive.
Ran BIOSBAK which pulled up the AMI Firmware Update Utility.
Ran BIOSMOD, nothing happened. I was expecting it to say "Installation successful" or something but nothing happened when I ran it.
I went into the BIOS at the time and was still seeing 1502. Not 2001.
After this I didn't understand your response several months ago fully.
Was I meant to install the original 2001 BIOS from ASUS after running BIOSMOD?

Nevertheless I installed the original 2103 BIOS from ASUS today.
Opened up SLIC_Toolkit.
In the SLIC Dump it says ASUS_Notebook.
Does this mean your mod was successfully installed?
find
quote
#65
(12-29-2011, 06:47 AM)shuriken141 Wrote: Foruman asked me to help him out since his PC is bust for the moment.

Here's the RW-Everything report for 2001 Dynamic: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8a7v3

Here's the RW-Everything report for 2103 Original: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hk4g41
@555LE

Here is what I did a few months ago when you created the permanent mod.

Using P8P67-PRO-ASUS-2001 PERMANENT.exe I have created a bootable USB flash drive.
Booted into the drive.
Ran BIOSBAK which pulled up the AMI Firmware Update Utility.
Ran BIOSMOD, nothing happened. I was expecting it to say "Installation successful" or something but nothing happened when I ran it.
I went into the BIOS at the time and was still seeing 1502. Not 2001.
After this I didn't understand your response several months ago fully.
Was I meant to install the original 2001 BIOS from ASUS after running BIOSMOD?

Nevertheless I installed the original 2103 BIOS from ASUS today.
Opened up SLIC_Toolkit.
In the SLIC Dump it says ASUS_Notebook.
Does this mean your mod was successfully installed?

I'm glad you finally realized
congratulations on a permanent slic
can follow any responses to use any version, Slic will remain in place
find
quote
#66
Thank you for your help 555LE.
find
quote
#67
(12-29-2011, 07:04 AM)555LE Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 06:47 AM)shuriken141 Wrote: Foruman asked me to help him out since his PC is bust for the moment.

Here's the RW-Everything report for 2001 Dynamic: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8a7v3

Here's the RW-Everything report for 2103 Original: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hk4g41
@555LE

Here is what I did a few months ago when you created the permanent mod.

Using P8P67-PRO-ASUS-2001 PERMANENT.exe I have created a bootable USB flash drive.
Booted into the drive.
Ran BIOSBAK which pulled up the AMI Firmware Update Utility.
Ran BIOSMOD, nothing happened. I was expecting it to say "Installation successful" or something but nothing happened when I ran it.
I went into the BIOS at the time and was still seeing 1502. Not 2001.
After this I didn't understand your response several months ago fully.
Was I meant to install the original 2001 BIOS from ASUS after running BIOSMOD?

Nevertheless I installed the original 2103 BIOS from ASUS today.
Opened up SLIC_Toolkit.
In the SLIC Dump it says ASUS_Notebook.
Does this mean your mod was successfully installed?

I'm glad you finally realized
congratulations on a permanent slic
can follow any responses to use any version, Slic will remain in place

555LE, what does the permanent SLIC mod change in order to use it? I see you say that it updates some firmware on the motherboard, and not the BIOS itself? I am asking because I haven't been having good luck with firmware updates as of late, and am hesitant to use it because I have already RMA'ed my motherboard three times (in this thread)! I just want to make sure before I attempt to try it, should I use it. I think I may just stick with BIOS mods instead. So the permanent SLIC works with any official BIOS updates from ASUS? Also, I have provided feedback to your BIOS mod you made for my other post, please see if it is related to the mod. Thank you for your help!

And thank you, shuriken141, for your assistance in this process as well! Finally, thank you, DMAN999, in advance, for your fine BIOS mods! We all in this thread appreciate your time and effort! Smile
find
quote
#68
Here you go, Foruman:
ASUS_P8P67_Pro_2103-EFI_ASUS_SLIC_2.1_Dynamic_New_RW.rar
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55030067/ASUS_P8...New_RW.rar
find
quote
#69
(01-02-2012, 12:09 AM)DMAN999 Wrote: Here you go, Foruman:
ASUS_P8P67_Pro_2103-EFI_ASUS_SLIC_2.1_Dynamic.rar
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55030067/ASUS_P8...ynamic.rar

Thank you DMAN999, as always! I will try your mod as soon as I can and will let all of you guys know how it goes!
find
quote
#70
(01-02-2012, 02:14 AM)Foruman Wrote: Thank you DMAN999, as always! I will try your mod as soon as I can and will let all of you guys know how it goes!

How to upgrade the BIOS, do not forget to turn again to DMAN999
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)