Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227767
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

Asus Rampage III Extreme - V1601 - Updated OROMs & SlIC 2.1
#41
I do not have anything attached to my JMicron controller. However on the old 1502 version, on bootup I get a message that no drives were detected which I believe is the correct messsage.

On the bios by Fox-JLR and the modded one by ZioGTS I just get a searching message...... I assume that is wrong?

So I went back to the 1601_17 and I am still getting the searching message even though I am certain that it used to say no drives were detected.

I have reverted BIOS1 and BIOS 2 back to 1502 and updated both of them to 1601_17 but both boot up with the searching message.

Is my thinking correct and should I be getting no drives were detected.

Also I do not run raid but AHCI on an SSD, what is the best driver to use?

Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#42
Is this BIOS allows (or will eventually) to use the latest RST drivers? Because Windows tends to update ...
find
quote
#43
(11-22-2015, 08:29 AM)halogensarchitect Wrote: hey thanks man , good to know theres still some reliable members on bios-mods , i knew i can count on you , thanks again , wheve come along way ever since ive posted that 1601 bios , thanks again, this final bios mod fix will be your final rampage III work but much appreciated from all of us , thanks again



update > ok seems i was too quick about it , ive flashed the new bios and am still getting the dreaded


message>

no enough space to copy pci option ROM (05:00:00) , while having AHCI activated for my marvell controller and the intel controller set to RAID , so my dvd drive attached to my jmicron controller isnt being picked up on boot anymore only in windows


I beleive this was discussed over in ZIO's original mod thread.  the bios memory space is insufficeint to support ALL of the updated modules.  I believe it was due to the SATA controller grew too large with the newer versions of its rom module.  All you need to do is free up some BIOS memory space is to disable any other option-rom.  I did this by disabling the j-micron controller.

You can free up enough space by disabling any module: network, sata6, jmicron.
the only other option is to roll back to an earlier ZIO-modded bios version and find one that fits in memory with all the modules you need.

EDIT:
I found where it was mentioned:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...7#pid55767
as I understand it you need RAID ROM 10.1 as it is small enough to fit with the rest of the modules enabled.
find
quote
#44
This release appears broken from the posts... and abandoned...

I started a new thread with my own updated BIOS'.

check it out:  >HERE<
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)