Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424232
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223940
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119112
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169174
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6275
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61128

BFG 680I SLI wont flash =((
#1
Hello and thank you for reading my post.

Ok, so I bought a new cpu for this motherboard and I need to flash my bios for it to recognize it. Now, The issue Im having is that even though I looked up how to use a USB drive as a bootable drive (nothing worked that I tried), even though I found the AWDFLASH.EXE file and burned that as well as the Bios update (uncompressed) to a CD and hit ALT+F2, it keeps telling me that it can not find the AWDFLASH.EXE. So, Im guessing the one I found doesnt work for my board, its V1.17.
Either that or Im just dumb =((

I know this isnt difficult, bit for some reason this escapes me. I have already contacted BFG support (awaiting an answer). Can anyone help me figure out what Im doing wrong or missing?

Thank you in advance.

KennyWTechHuh
Well, I went to BFG's site, again, and found an AWDFLASH.EXE in the only flash ISO they offer, and that didnt fix the can not find AWDFLASH.EXE either. I dont understand why this isnt working =//
find
quote
#2
Ah , you need to make a bootable DOS Cd

Follow these instructions , copy the bios file and awdflash.exe onto the disc , boot off it and then type awdflash.exe nameofbios.bin /py /sn /cc /r

http://www.bootdisks.us/ms-dos/5/ms-dos-...mages.html

good Luck!

Admin
find
quote
#3
OK, well, the bootable disk worked, but I don't know where the issue is now. It is telling me Bad command or file name.

I made 100% sure I typed what you wrote and that I typed the bin name from the update properly...

I even tried to see if it all was case sensitive, I tried all upper case, all lower case, I used all of the appropriate spaces... /sigh

I tried different updates to see if it was the one I had, I downloaded the updates again...

I finally got a response from BFG


Due to the time these BIOs updates were written they activate and burn a boot image onto the floppy drive. This is then used when the system is booting next instead of your boot device found on your normal Windows Instillation on your hard drive. While it is booting off of the floppy it runs it's own BIOs flash and updates the firmware on the motherboard. So, unfortunately due to the encryption in the update it automatically looks for a floppy drive specifically and would not recognize a disc drive or DVD burnable drive.

Thank you,
Nick F
BFG Support
find
quote
#4
Rename the file to simply bios.bin and make sure it reflects that in both the filename and the command. Also, just type awdflash and not awdflash.exe and make sure the awdflash filename matches up.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
(03-07-2010, 01:39 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Rename the file to simply bios.bin and make sure it reflects that in both the filename and the command. Also, just type awdflash and not awdflash.exe and make sure the awdflash filename matches up.

TheWiz

Ok, so I did that exactly as you stated it should be. I am still getting the error, Bad Command or file name. Which doesn't make any sense to me. I have everything properly put in (as stated above).
This is Exactly what I typed in
awdflash bios.bin /py /sn /cc /r

I did rename the bios bin file to bios.bin, left out the .exe, added it back... still getting the bad command or file name. I am using the DOS6.22.ISO from the link posted above, maybe that is the issue? Should I be using a different version?
find
quote
#6
Have you ever worked with DOS??
please tell me if or how you have copied the awdflash.exe and the bios.bin on the CD...
or where do you store these files? maybe you can access a USB-drive like a stick under DOS and you can call the flash from there....

Maybe...

PC gives you a prompt

C:\>

you enter

dir awdflash.*

should look like this just in your language and with many more spaces and tabs

Datenträger in Laufwerk C: ist Nexus I
Volumenseriennummer: 8C5B-0209

Verzeichnis von C:\

03.02.2010 22:30 0 awdflash.exe
1 Datei(en) 403 Bytes
0 Verzeichnis(se), 23.823.880.192 Bytes frei

and everything is fine so far, else it is not...
find
quote
#7
(03-07-2010, 05:28 PM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: Have you ever worked with DOS??
please tell me if or how you have copied the awdflash.exe and the bios.bin on the CD...
or where do you store these files? maybe you can access a USB-drive like a stick under DOS and you can call the flash from there....

Maybe...

PC gives you a prompt

C:\>

you enter

dir awdflash.*

should look like this just in your language and with many more spaces and tabs

Datenträger in Laufwerk C: ist Nexus I
Volumenseriennummer: 8C5B-0209

Verzeichnis von C:\

03.02.2010 22:30 0 awdflash.exe
1 Datei(en) 403 Bytes
0 Verzeichnis(se), 23.823.880.192 Bytes frei

and everything is fine so far, else it is not...

Yes, I have worked with DOS.
I copied the awdflash and the bios.bin on the cd using MagicISO, along with the DOS.622 img (in other words, both files were imported to the DOS img) then burned to a disk. The CD boots perfectly and gives the A prompt (as it shows in my previous post that is the only way that the manufacture says it will work).

Since your text at the end isnt in my language, I really dont know what it says or should be.. Thank you, for helping me though.
find
quote
#8
When you get to the A Prompt , type the letter of the USB drive followed by : , for example D: , E: , F:

The prompt should change to the correct drive letter

Then , when you are on the correct drive , type:

awdflash.exe bios.bin /py /sn /cc /r

Rename bios.bin with the proper filename

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#9
Titme to follow these instructions exactly:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ho...04#pid7704
www find
quote
#10
Well, I followed that to the letter (but never did see the 3 DOS files, even though I made sure I should have seen the hidden files).

I don't know why my board is being a pain. It doesn't give me the option to boot to the USB device. I have tried 3 of the different ones I have. I tried to boot into Safe Mode with the CMD prompt. I got a different error, saying it wont run the awdflash because its not compatible with a 64 bit OS. I also tried to use the CD to boot into DOS and then CD to my USB devices. It kept telling me Invalid Drive configuration. I gave it my best, Thank you everyone.

I think I am just going to order a multi 3.5 bay drive w/ a floppy and use a floppy to flash my bios.

I greatly appreciate all of your help everyone.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)