Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3623
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 208
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 309
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309736
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

BIOS mod gone wrong
#1
Hello! I'm very new to BIOS modding, and I'm really stupid for not doing enough research...I initially wanted to update my old laptop and give it to my parents for Christmas, but I found out that the wireless card was not functioning properly, so I said "what the [censored]" and bought a new one (Intel 3160). I installed it and was then greeted with the wonderful "Wireless module not supported (704)" error. So I went to searching on how to get around the whitelist, I came across a few posts here and saw that many people have been helped by you guys, so I browse around and find the repository (https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Insyde%2F) and compare the files listed with known BIOS installation files on HP's website, I found a match (sp55375), downloaded and installed it on my laptop.

Now it won't boot and the CAPS lock light turns on for a second, off for a second, on for a second, off for two seconds. From this support forum (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674) that tells me that there is a BIOS error. That is where I am now.

Attached is a picture of the BIOS before I did any flashing.

The model for my laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Quad Edition. The most recently installed BIOS version that worked was version F.1C found here (http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/self...el/5214358)

I really hope that someone will be able to help me out with this.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
I know this is old but i wanted to ask you of you have any Modded bios for this specific laptop. I want to see if i can disable the built in Intel Video card
and just use the AMD card and also enable booting from USB 3.0 Renesas Controller.  Did you ever recovered?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)