Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: bobo10
Today 03:40 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:41 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Today 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 25992
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Views: 99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 86
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6110
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219938
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 156
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24015
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323954
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 995
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 288
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542063
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 242
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 210
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656501
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20443

Bios update failed. Bricked laptop
Yes, I can verify your BIOS dump is OK or not. On average, once you find the correct version and or CHIP ID to use then it only takes one dump for proper dump. Give me your BIOS ID, so I can tell you if I know you need to use other than exact ID (Some chips, exact ID isn't best)

Yes, it's safe to post your dump, no one cares enough to grab info like that, but if you are concerned send to me in PM
find
I'm still waiting for the CH341A + SOIC8 to arrive. Didn't want to open the laptop, until I have the tools to fix it.

My laptop model is Asus G75VW(3D screen), if that helps. I remember updating the BIOS to Version 223 available on the support page.
find
My CH341A + SOIC8 arrived today, but I'm getting some strange behaviour. When I match the clamps red cable with the chip's dotted connector it doesn't show any connection. When I flip the clamp, the run light on the programmer lights up, but I'm still not able to read. My bios chip is mx25l6445e, which I assume is 25 series. I'm not sure, if I need to power the laptop on to be able to read the contents of the Bios.

Kinda lost here.
find
After multiple tries and frustration I was able to extract the bios file. Not sure if its the right one. I have sent the file in a PM to Lost_N_BIOS. Hopefully, it is a good dump.
find
Satanic-Spirit - and anyone reading later. Apologies if I did not link all this before for you! Here is package of all versions of general CH341A software and the main driver - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5007472602

And here is guide for how to setup and use - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...programmer

Please try again, your dump is not a proper dump. What version software did you use for that dump? Use another version now, try 1.30 or 1.34
Also, be sure you have everything connected properly, look at all the images in guide above. Pin1 on the cable, red wire, goes to pin one on the BIOS chip. And this needs to be connected into the programmer at the middle slot, pin1 is on lever side but in middle block of the programmer
find
I'm struggling with making the connection. It seems no matter how many times I try. I just can't get it to clamp properly. Any tips on that?

Edit: Every time I make the connection, the device status changes to not connected. Any reason for that?

Edit2: Sent you a couple of bios dumps. Dump3 and dump4 are identical based on HxD. Dump4 was also verified and they were taken using v1.34
find
Be gentle, set one side on and then slowly let go of other side as you watch it go into place. If your in a snug spot, not enough room etc, you can file some of the plastic off the end of the clamp tips.

You said 1-3 were hex identical in your PM, then you sent dump 4 separately. Here you say 3+4 match, I compared 1+4 and they do not match, so 1-3 can't be a match either. Dump 4 was verified? What do you mean by that, every dump should be verified, if not then it should never be saved.

Dump1 is corrupted, as in bad dump from programmer not corrupted BIOS-wise
Dump4 looks best, it's not corrupted dump-wise and is complete BIOS that has proper end of BIOS (VTF)
Both dumps have missing LAN MAC ID (Ethernet), so you programmed in some stock BIOS previously, I assume?
Serial and UUID look to be intact, but I have nothing to compare them with to confirm (Need sticker images from board, everything inside back cover, and between, under, on Memory slots etc,)

However all dumps you have sent are incorrect size (512 bytes) larger than BIOS chip, so you are either setting something incorrect with the software or you need to try another version or different chip ID - I can fix this, but it wont help when you write back BIOS and it tries to write that extra 512 bytes or removes it from front to back etc. So you need to find proper dump method (Software version and chip ID) to where it works properly for the dump, so it will work properly for the write too.

What is your BIOS Chip ID? Try software 1.30 instead for now

* Edit - Since I saw in PM you are in bit of a hurry. Here, FD is now unlocked, so as long as you always unlock FD before flashing (if flashing entire BIOS via FPT or programmer) you can simply flash BIOS from DOS or windows now with FPT. This is rebuilt BIOS with stock BIOS region, plus your info and all things noted below. LAN (Ethernet) will not be working, since I do not have your LAN MAC ID and it was not in GbE region of your dumps (only stock placeholder) if your BIOS does not use GbE (Intel Gigabit LAN), then it may be working and this may always be placeholder.

FD Unlocked, ME updated clean, + Padding file that contains serial, UUID etc. + NVRAM transferred (as secondary BIOS in case it fails due to corruption, test first though).
Program this one in first, if all works OK, then no need to try the other >> dump4Cut-StockRGNPADNVRAMME.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...7204455136

If you end up trying both and neither boot, back to square one and trying to find proper dumps so you can find correct working software version and chip ID to use.
find
I tried to collect some more dumps, but they all were either corrupted or they matched with dump 4 file that I sent you before. I also tried to collect dumps via different versions 1.29, 1.30 and 1.34. That makes me think that dump4 is the best candidate for my case.

I wrote the above image, but it made it completely unresponsive. Before the battery charging light would show up, but nothing now. I got frustrated with the whole thing and erased the chip in an attempt to do a full rewrite. That didn't work either.

BIOS chip - MX25L6445E

I read the chip label right from the physical chip. Its the right model number for sure.

Considering I can't read from the chip itself. Would the cap file from the BIOS be of any use? This was the BIOS running on my laptop before it got corrupted. When I glanced over it on HxD, the ending portion was similar, but I didn't do an exact match.

G75VW version 223 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G7...WAS223.zip
find
I assumed dump4 was OK, so getting matches with that one is a good sign. That's the one I went ahead and used. But, also keep in mind, all BIOS you sent me I told you were incorrect size by 512 bytes, this is a problem and you need to find a solution by dumping until you got a valid BIOS that was also the correct size - writing back now even with good BIOS, wont work if you are still using same version/process that dumped out incorrect sized BIOS.

I sent you two BIOS above, did you try the second one yet?

If you can't erase the chip, sounds like a bad physical connection, or wrong software. Slow down, use software version you know that works and make sure connection is good and does not move during the process.

When you write to the chip, do you erase, then blank check, then open BIOS file and write, then verify? If not, you need to do in that order. And always use 1.30 or 1.34 if either of those were ones that gave you a matching BIOS to dump4

No, you cannot write the cap file, you can however remove the BIOS (This is partial BIOS, BIOS region only) from the capsule and put it into a full BIOS instead of whatever BIOS region is in there (You need FD, GbE, ME region also, which are not in that BIOS you download) Here is that BIOS, with unlocked FD, updated ME, and stock BIOS region (you will loose serial, UUID etc) - this should 100% work, provided you have a valid writing procedure (if it fails, try other software versions, or try using ASProgrammer instead - https://github.com/nofeletru/UsbAsp-flas...tag/v1.4.0)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9866697788

If nothing works, then you put on that BIOS with ASProgrammer and it works, then you know the other software was causing issue, go ahead and then put on BIOS I sent you at post #27 with ASProgrammer too.
find
My clip keeps slipping and I have to hold it in place with my hand. Now you can see why this is a problem, as it may break connection in the middle of the write. Any other tricks to counter this?
find