Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 795
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108006
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14357
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425642
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227582
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119717
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Bricked BIOS on Acer Aspire E5-572G
#1
Hello guys, I followed this bios mod thread and successfully flashed my laptop with the modded 21 microcode.

All was fine until I entered the bios and changed some options in there (which later I read that weren't recommended).
My guess is that after making these changes I have bricked the BIOS because the laptop just stopped working (I start it up and it doesn't post anything and simply doesn't work - only a black screen is present, yet the power leds are on and the HD fires up).

How I tried to troubleshoot the problem until now:
I tried to reflash it with the original BIOS - did not work, it simply doesn't want to enter CRISIS mode with FN and Esc.
I opened it and moved the RAM around, also removed the battery for a while and put it back - also didn't work.
I tried to locate the CMOS jumper but I didn't find it.

Therefore I wanted to ask you guys if there is any fix for this problem.

Thanks a lot Cool !
find
quote
#2
UPDATE:
I purchased a CH341A programmer, successfully reflashed my bios chip with the 1.09 stock bios, yet the laptop always enters in a restart loop upon starting it.
I seriously got no idea what else can I do, any advice would be great.
Thanks!
find
quote
#3
(11-21-2018, 05:18 AM)bogdan1993 Wrote: UPDATE:
I purchased a CH341A programmer, successfully reflashed my bios chip with the 1.09 stock bios, yet the laptop always enters in a restart loop upon starting it.
I seriously got no idea what else can I do, any advice would be great.
Thanks!
Hi
Have you saved your old bad dump?
find
quote
#4
(11-21-2018, 05:34 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 05:18 AM)bogdan1993 Wrote: UPDATE:
I purchased a CH341A programmer, successfully reflashed my bios chip with the 1.09 stock bios, yet the laptop always enters in a restart loop upon starting it.
I seriously got no idea what else can I do, any advice would be great.
Thanks!
Hi
Have you saved your old bad dump?

Hi
Yes I did.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)